Difference?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

George Babits

Re: Difference?

Post by George Babits »

Yes I was really suprized that the magnum primers resulted in lower velocity. I had forgotten that as it had been a long time since I looked at that data. I got the same thing this summer when chronographing some loads in a 56-50 Spencer CF in a Peabody carbine. The different primers were the Federal 210 and the CCI-250. The magnum primer gave a lower velocity.

At the time I did that work with the 45-70 (2002) I had never heard of 1 1/2 Swiss. I never tried that until 8 or 10 years later. It wouldn't be too difficult to try is as I have some on hand now. May have to try that next summer as it would be interesting to see how the 1 1/2 Swiss compares.

George
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

be careful with testing powder is in very short supply art
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

👍
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

My curiosity is twitched and I want to see what Swiss 1 1/2 does. Always nice to know how things performe. I was doing some reloading yesterday and got to wondering if I had tried the "same" charge of different granulations when measured by volume. I had done that and if anyone is interested I can post the data.

George
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Yes post the data. I would like to see yours - especially since powder is in short supply and it might help cut down on the experimenting I want to do by reading what others have done before.
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

I would love to see the data.
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »