FedEx not delivering powder

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tomklinger

Re: FedEx not delivering powder

Post by Tomklinger »

I have a feeling that China already got their money and doesn’t care how long the ships sit…..
Woody

Post by Woody »

My .22 ammo arrived yesterday without a signature and two days late. Good thing I didn't need them quickly.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Maybe Biden is pissed because his poll numbers are so low, and he just wants to choke us all out for a while :lol: He’s sure not doing anything about it in any kind of hurry! One would think with all the qualified drivers in the military, they would be involved….just saying…
Tom
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

https://www.simonparkes.org/post/did-jo ... -president

I listened three times, whomever this is on the video is represented as Joe Biden and it seems like he said he is not President.
I don't know for sure when or where this supposedly took place. If current in the past few months that is telling.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

OBTW - some UPS employees are now interrogating me on what I am mailing - if it is "gun parts".
[/quote]

If asked I always say machine parts, Mike.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Tomklinger wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:16 am I have a feeling that China already got their money and doesn’t care how long the ships sit…..
I would prefer that we never get another unneeded piece-of-sh*t from China. OK with me if their ships sit until they rot & sink.
Glenn
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well you can blame it all on the shippers if you like but it was Hodgdon's who said they were putting Goex out of business and starting the current powder panic on another brands as well. IMHO opinion BACo and BEAR River have done a bang up job of emptying their powder magazines to make us all happy. Now put yourself in the position of one of the licensed Goex distributors who had good businesses and bam it's all gone. Wtf? Little to coincidental it seems to me. Bobw
bobw
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Yeah we could do without any more Chinese products being imported to this country. Bring all that manufacturing home.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

The new “infrastructure” bill has incentives in it to move American business to China. F**k china and Biden………
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

FedEx, as the parent company of TNT, have totally banned the transport of anything firearm related down here. TNT is the major transporter for the firearms industry in Australia.
Virtue signalling or whatever, it has totally disrupted the supply chain as there are very limited alternative options for the firearms industry. The transport of firearms, ammo and powder, which are designated as "dangerous goods" , is very heavily regulated in Australia and no other logistics companies are rushing forward to fill the void.
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Tomklinger wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:09 pm The new “infrastructure” bill has incentives in it to move American business to China. F**k china and Biden………
Tom - Where did you get that from (though I agree with your other sentiments)?
Glenn
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

GAMERANCHER: Did you Aussie's see this coming when the Govt confiscated your firearms?

Seems like Canada is not far behind you.

Perhaps a solution, maybe not, just annex Australia and Canada into the United States. Problem though, wouldn''t that just increase the number of folks here that let that happen there? :?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

SSShooter,
Fox starts, the massive tax increases coming in this country. China is offering incentives throughout the world to gain mineral rights, and buying American businesses, and were only helping them.China owns the two biggest meat processing plants in our country, and thousands of other businesses.Who do you think is going to gain mineral rights in Afghanistan? They will probably end up paying us to mine them because we were too stupid to get the rights during the 20 years we were there :lol:
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

Despite the rhetoric, the Government didn't confiscate all of our firearms, just semi-auto long arms. ( Way back in 1996 ) There are exemptions, but they are limited. Didn't effect me as I didn't own any nor have any desire or use for one.
Yes, we are restricted, have to be licenced, show cause for owning firearms ( target shooting, hunting, collecting, vermin control, are all just cause ) and we have to have them locked up in a safe when not in use.
That said, I do have all and any that I want/need, including semi-auto pistols. ( about 40 at last count )
We have 5/8ths of f#ck-all gun crime. Any that we do have usually involves middle -Eastern drug dealers shooting at each other in the major cities. They obviously can't shoot for shit as they don't hit each-other very often. :wink:
Of coarse, just like over there, we have the anti-gun campaigners who think that no-one has any need for a gun and that we should all just hug trees, become vegan, only drive electric cars powered by solar and sit around holding hands in our safe-spaces. :roll:
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I used to compete pretty heavily at 8 ball and 9 ball and there were a number of Canadian nationals that would come across the border to play us and we’d occasionally go up there to play them. There were a number of those guys who had big collections of guns. Obviously they have some mechanisms of legally owning them.

One thing that will bring great annoyance to most on here is that there seems to be plentiful supply of primers on Canadian reloading supply sites. There prices seem to be in line with what we used to pay prior to this latest rush. In other words, way less than what we are paying now 🤬