Same Lot Numbers?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

Same Lot Numbers?

Post by Coltsmoke »

I am posting this so you don't experience what I did. I want you to know what might happen. So this is not to kick anybody or any company in the nuts in public, it is to make you aware of some these companies policies. Don't ever assume because you order a case or more than a case that the powder will all be the same lot #. Some companies will go out of their way to make sure you get a certain lot# that you ask for if they have it in stock. Some companies will not do anything to ensure your powder will all be the same, you just get what ever the guy pulling your order grabs. A friend of mine bought a full case and the lot# was mixed in the box.
I bought 2 cases from a company we all do business with and ask the guy on the phone to make sure it would all be the same lot#. He said oh it will be we just got this shipment in. When I got it, the 2 cases were different. One of my buddies agreed to buy one of the cases if I could get another one to match the one I would keep. I placed the call and told the same guy what had happened, and he explained to me that you just got what ever the order picker grabbed, they would not guarantee it all to be the same lot #. When I told him we talked about that before I placed the order and he said it would all be the same lot, he didn't want to hear it. He got snappy and told me there was nothing he could tell me that was going to please me and if I wanted he would have the owner of the company call me. I told him to please do that, he did not even give me time to tell him I was willing to buy another case of powder if it would match one of the lots that they had sent me. The owner did call me which I have talked to many times on the phone, he went and pulled another case to match the lot I wanted and sent it to me. He did say their policy was you get what ever you get. Just be aware when you buy powder you need to fully understand what their policy is. I called this company around 4 years ago to place an order and I was told it might not match, so I didn't place the order. I was told by a friend to call back and it would all be the same lot #, I called back and they took care of it. This time I was told it would all be the same and it was not. Had to buy 3 cases and sell one to get my 2 cases all the same. Needless to say my powder will come from Arkansas, never had a problem there.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.