Reloading explosion

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Re: Reloading explosion

Post by JonnyV »

That house was a total loss… It’ll be interesting to see if his insurance pays for it or not. I still think he was either building a bomb or cooking meth, I don’t believe it had anything to do with reloading.

Only shooting related possibility I can think of would be mixing a huge batch of tannerite (bomb making in other words)…
Distant Thunder

Post by Distant Thunder »

I believe smokeless powder has to be CONFINED to "explode", it is a flamable not an explosive! Confined and under pressure it burns very, very fast, but it does not explode. I have desposed of old smokeless by burning it, it burns fast and very hot even unconfined but does not explode. Don't even try that with black powder!

No matter what the news says this guy was doing something he shouldn't have been doing and he's not telling the whole story!
Jim Kluskens
aka Distant Thunder
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I've told Mark and Tom both to anneal the brass before you load the powder. Man, those Florida guys, we'll see which one responds then we'll know which one it was. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

with all the humidity in fla i doubt it could have been static electricity art
MAH

Post by MAH »

Hell Smoke
If were me I would not be back to Earth for at least another 6-8 hours. That boy sure not playing with a full deck. The comment has been made smokeless does not explode. Numerous youboob video's show that. He will remember those burns for a while.

MAH
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Another news article said no gas was involved in the explosion
The open question is … what was he “actively” reloading that caused an explosion the magnitude of partial demolished house and the garage door blown off across the street with what kind of 🧨
Regards
John
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

I bet they were talking about natural gas. I read an article where they specifically said propane cylinders were involved.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Good one smoke! :lol:
Tom
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

Smokeless powder does not explode with that kind of force unless it is contained. So, in normal reloading operations, that cannot happen.. Now, if he was making a bomb, yeah, or if he was compressing a couple pounds in some kind of manner and it got a spark, yeah, that would do it
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

My sister lives about 2 blocks away and said that neighborhood has had a few large scale drug busts lately so who knows
Real gun powder is black.