FALL POSTAL

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Re: FALL POSTAL

Post by Woody »

Couldn't participate last year, and now have a brand new rifle to fully wring out. I'm in whatever it's called. Just don't let Aviator or Coltsmoke play. They shoot too good.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Woody wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:30 am Just don't let Aviator or Coltsmoke play. They shoot too good.

Woody
HA!
And this coming from the guy who won the Military Rifle category with his Trapdoor at Friendship last weekend..... :roll: :lol:
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Yes DD your borders North and South are opening to land travel November 8th to those who are fully vaccinated. That would be Spot and I. Sounds great except Trudope will not remove the requirement for returning Canadians to show a negative PCR test within 72 hours before we can get back in or spend two weeks in a quarantine hotel. Those tests are about $200 US or $500 Canabucks for the two of us and they take about 48 hours to produce. Here's hoping by the time the shoots start again they will have removed their heads from their posteriors.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Distant Thunder

Post by Distant Thunder »

A simple solution to the temperature variance might be to just add the group size, max ctc spread, and the temperature at the time of shooting together and the total would be your score. A 1 inch group shot at 75 degrees would = a score of 76. A 3 inch group shot at 15 degrees would = a score of 18. The lower your score the better your ranking.

Seems fair to me! :shock: :D

Oh, and a bonus -5 points if your group is shot on a major appliance. :lol:
Jim Kluskens
aka Distant Thunder
Luke

Post by Luke »

Subtract humidity and we're all good.
Limber Up!
TAA

Post by TAA »

If all of us used the same target with scoring rings, it could be called a 200-Yard Combined Postal match.

Score the (10) rounds and subtract the group size to get a final result.

Tom
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Wasn't it STRING MEASURE last time :?:

And DEADEYE, sounds like there is only a problem if you and SPOT return to Canada.

You probably could qualify for a 180 day tourist visa. Tell them you want to work on your Sun Tan in Yuma, Arizona for the winter. You and about half of Minnesota retirees....

I do believe you would qualify for refugee status as fleeing from Communism. :wink:

BTW, bring that Lippmann guy and his spotter with you... :D
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Wasn't it STRING MEASURE last time :?:

And DEADEYE, sounds like there is only a problem if you and SPOT return to Canada.

You probably could qualify for a 180 day tourist visa. Tell them you want to work on your Sun Tan in Yuma, Arizona for the winter. You and about half of Minnesota retirees....

I do believe you would qualify for refugee status as fleeing from Communism. :wink:

BTW, bring that Lippmann guy and his spotter with you... :D
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

i will play at 200yds art
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

remember when americans were fleeing to canada? times change :D art
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

It's still not a bad place to live Art, that is if you are over 65 and have all that you need to be content. God help you if you are 25 and trying to establish yourself, get married, buy a home, start a career - forget that. This past year we ran a deficit of $354 Billion all of it freshly printed. God help our grandchildren who will be paying this off for many years to come. Sadly we have an electorate who mostly only think about politics once every four years and base their decision on his socks, his hair and how much he's going to hand out in goodies. - rant over -

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
semtav

Post by semtav »

Only a week away.
I think I'll set it up like last years with one exception.
Will also have a 5 shot option in the BPCR category.