FALL POSTAL

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DeadEye

Re: FALL POSTAL

Post by DeadEye »

Shadow 4,
If there was any logic to what you just said, and there isn't, you would know that up here it makes sense that we would shoot STOVES. Now slow down and read that again, he said refrigerator not refrigerated. Geesh, where's Lumpy when you need him, 'having you along is like loosing two good men.' BTW, I know where he got that line. It's from an old Willie Nelson movie that is so bad I deliberately forgot the title.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
semtav

Post by semtav »

DeadEye wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 am Shadow 4,
Now slow down and read that again, he said refrigerator not refrigerated.

Paul
Now you're sure of that, right? 8)
semtav

Post by semtav »

flatsguide wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:03 pm I have never shot a postal match before but I’m interested. Can you explain, in some detail, how they work? Time frame etc.
Thanks a Richard
As you can see, the postal match generates a lot more jawing than actual shooting. Participation either way is highly encouraged.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Well I'll be snickered, he did say refrigerated. Sorry about the disparaging remarks Shadow 4, I was incorrect (somehow that's easier to say than 'wrong'). Now what do you suppose DD was getting at? I'm certain he didn't make a mistake. Or did he?

Paul
TAA

Post by TAA »

I want in. My range is set-up for 200-meters but no big deal. It will me a chance to comoare a greaser load to a PP load.

As in the past, we provide our own target, take a photo and include the gun, load, weather info, etc. and post it here. Assume we shoot off the bench.

Tom
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

My apologies Deadeye, I have to keep things simple for SEMTAV, you know. :roll: You see, he lives way up north in Montana and goes to the dumps to shoot and he admittedly preferers to perforate refrigerators over paper targets. Here in Arizona otherwise solid refrigerators that are no longer cooling are frequently used as storage for primers and are barely large enough to hold annual inventory. Works for smokeless powder also, by the way, especially for the 4 and 8 pound kegs.

Moreover, the time frame he is proposing historically is significantly colder temperature wise in Montana than Southern Arizona those months. All I am looking for is a dispensation and release that it does not have to be at or below 32F when I shoot for my teeny tiny little tight groups to be considered in the proceedings as somehow unfair. While I accept the fact that he will disparage my efforts I just want that one point clarified before participating. :D
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

All I am looking for is a dispensation and release that it does not have to be at or below 32F when I shoot for my teeny tiny little tight groups to be considered in the proceedings as somehow unfair. While I accept the fact that he will disparage my efforts I just want that one point clarified before participating. :D

Ahhh now I see!! And here I thought you were trying to keep me from using my white metal targets!!

Yes you are allowed to shoot at temperatures above 32. For you we would prefer above 100, but won't restrict you from enjoying shooting on an occasional cool day if they actually exist down there!!
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Paul old friend glad you reread that. :P

Perhaps you forgot your bi-focal. :lol:

Kenny W
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

desert deuce wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:32 pm No refrigerated ranges please!

Sorry, I didn't get this posted before I rushed out of the house this morning, to see a friend, the news I got this morning took president over this website.

Ummm, actually Paul, He did say "refrigerated"

Who, exactly needs Lumps help :roll: :lol:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

DeadEye wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:42 am Well I'll be snickered, he did say refrigerated. Sorry about the disparaging remarks Shadow 4, I was incorrect (somehow that's easier to say than 'wrong'). Now what do you suppose DD was getting at? I'm certain he didn't make a mistake. Or did he?

Paul

I've never been wrong :lol: & Deuce doesn't make mistakes, he knows exactly what he's saying, every time :wink:
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

You are right Shadow 4 the Deuce never makes mistakes. And now we have Kenny joining in and he even used the singular of 'bi-focal'. What a guy. Now as for you I'm not so sure. :P :P :P

Paul
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Now Deadeye, this is SEMTAV's thread, so, "not so sure" may be assumed as not only acceptable but normal.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm Paul old friend glad you reread that. :P

Perhaps you forgot your bi-focal. :lol:

Kenny W
bi-focal :lol: :lol:
He's surely not need the plural version since he twas but a weee snapper :lol: :lol:

I may even join your little shooting folly this winter Semtav :wink:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Sounds like fun, though here in Missouri we usually don't have deep snow nor high heat. Is high humidity enough of a handicap? I might even find an old freezer on which to tape the target.
Limber Up!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

100F, fooey, that's late fall early spring temps here in the Sonoran Desert. Anything below 60F day time high is basically winter. Not unusual to have a 40+ degree temperature spread between relay one at 800 and relay four at 1,000. 8)

Seems we shot a Creedmoor Cup in Phoenix one Feb or Mar and it was 95F + ........................... but it's a Dry Heat. :D Which is why I highly recommend wide brimmed hats, sunscreen, sunglasses and socks with your sandals and shorts when you come shoot the Desert International Long Range Match. March 23-31, 2022, come join the fun. :D

I ran trail in Texas' Wild Horse Desert when it was 124F and about 75% humidity, then 124F in Arizona's Sonoran Desert and about 10% humidity and I can tell you Texas felt a whole lot hotter. :shock:

On my first Govt Gig I spent the South American Summer on the Equator off the coast of Brazil and that Winter in Maine's Bay of Fundy. I will take the Dry Heat any day to salt water freezing on the bow of the open skiff (and you) from sea spray.

Deadeye, hear the Borders are going to open early to mid November 2021, no