Question:

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Sudbeck

Question:

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

Is one allowed to discuss ongoing problems with a Shiloh rifle on this forum or does one get chastised and shunned for doing so? I get the impression that there are things that are just not allowed to be discussed - when I have questioned a major issue over the phone in the past, I was made to feel like I was lying or I simply did not know what I was talking about. In those brief conversations, the responses are abrupt and distant - very much like just “do not go there”. I have a lot to say and others on this forum might find my experience to be insightful (I even have lots of photos to share). But before I get started, I wanted other’s opinion - this may not end well for me but I am to a point that I do not care about my $5,500 any more - I am tired of the silence and the lack of info, of feedback, the denial and the inference that something I can plainly see is just me not knowing what I am talking about. So I am asking, what do others think on this forum?
DeadEye

Re: Question:

Post by DeadEye »

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" I'll try to answer your question. In short don't do it. When you take a problem to a public forum the manufacturer has nothing more to lose so why try to solve the issue(s). From what you have said, which is already too much IMHO, it sounds like "what we have here is a failure to communicate." Phone the car dealer and tell him your new car has a rattle and ask for a diagnosis over the phone. Doesn't work does it? Have you shared the 'lots of photos' with Shiloh? If not why not? If they need the gun back to see for themselves then do it, do whatever it takes and if in the end you're still not satisfied then sell it. But who would buy it now? That's another reason not to go public. I have three of their rifles, the first in 2004 then 2006 and 2009. I have had issues and in each case a reasonable approach brought about the desired result for me. They are honest, hard working people who really want to put out the best product possible. I know these people, I think of them as friends, I have eaten at their table but if it ain't broke they can't fix it.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

OP, who did you talk to at Shiloh :?:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Having first hand witnessed the absolute perfection in their rifles, as well as their willingness to bend over backwards to service their customers, repair anything that wasn't quite right, and in general make the best product they can, I would have a hard time believing a negative story. As a business man myself, I found out that there are just some people that I cannot make happy no matter what I do so there is no reason to continue to try. Perhaps you fit into that category?
Cody
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

I have the same issue with a different single shot manufacturer that butchered an original of mine and everyone else is smitten by them. I have not gone public because I do not want to affect their business since they are providing a service to our small group of shooters but I also don't want to see the destruction of original actions continued. In my case i get so lathered I cannot bring myself to even shoot the thing. So I haven't figured it out either except that I will not go to them again.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Have you sent the rifle back to them? Have you talked to Kirk directly?
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Can you show some good pictures of the butchered original and describe your complaint ?
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

I'm a business owner and would rather hear directly from the customer and not read about it on a forum. Try getting a hold of Kirk directly, he's professional and kind. I'm sure he'll help.
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Dennis Armistead is onto to it!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....