Shiloh Replacement Parts

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Squintblur

Shiloh Replacement Parts

Post by Squintblur »

Recently had to replace the firing pin transfer bar(if this is correct terminology). Old one broke where the horizontal bar connected to the "hammer strike" section. New part does not" just drop in". Is this normal for a replacement part to be fitted?
Bob Smith

Re: Shiloh Replacement Parts

Post by Bob Smith »

In my experience yes, Some fitting is sometimes needed on custom handmade guns. Bob
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Call Shiloh and ask them.
Have the serial number ready.
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Is the Rifle a Shilo rifle? That’s a strange part to fail. I’ve broken firing pins and lever springs have broken but have never heard of that component breaking. Yes, it may need a little stoning or filing to get it to fit - probably contacting Shilo and giving them the serial number as Lumpy suggested is the first course of action. Do you know which area part is not fitting or binding? Is it along the 2 straight sides or at the full round that is at the end?
Barry Miller

Post by Barry Miller »

I have broken 3 over the past18 years. I had to fit one, and the other two just dropped in. Good to have a spare.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

I broke one in the past 30 years. Another shooter had a brand new Shiloh he wasn't shooting, and I borrowed the transfer bar from it--slipped right in, as did the replacement Shiloh supplied the next week.

Clarence
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Well, good to know - I should order 2 or 3 just have on hand in case I ever break one.