By By New York

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

By By New York

Post by Coltsmoke »

New York, By By, Remington moving to Georgia, bringing 800 jobs with it.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Kaiser

Re: By By New York

Post by Kaiser »

They are moving their Global Head Quarters to Georgia. Not the Ilion Plant. Do your homework before you post crap like this. The few remaining jobs here between -200 and 300- will remain! Maybe someday, but not today! Their headquarters were never here anyway. Sorry to take off on you, but I'm so sick and tired living in New York. Always bad news. Just too old to move now.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Well, Gerald......... not really. Any jobs in GA that are from those being moved are from the current Remington facility in Huntsville, AL and not NY.
And, I quite.........
"Gun-maker Remington Firearms will move its headquarters to Georgia, with plans to open a factory and research operation there.
The company and Georgia officials announced Monday that the nation's oldest gun manufacturer that started in Herkimer County in 1816 would invest $100 million in the operation in LaGrange, Georgia, southwest of Atlanta, hiring 856 people over five years.
That will not impact the operation in Ilion, NY, however.
"In Ilion, we are increasing production and attempting to hire more employees," said Ken D'Arcy, CEO of Roundhill Group, owner of RemArms. "The entire executive staff, have spent a lot of time in Ilion, we are very pleased with the work being done and are confident we will be able to increase production in Ilion as needed."
He added: "The decision to locate in Georgia is very simple, the state of Georgia is not only a business friendly state, it’s a firearms friendly state."
Herkimer County Administrator James Wallace said his understanding is that the announcement will not impact the RemArms Ilion plant.
"They're up to 350 workers now and they're looking to add more employees," said Herkimer County Administrator James Wallace, adding that it appears that the Huntsville operation, research and development and corporate headquarters will be consolidated at the new Georgia facility."

Who really knows what will go on with the "new" Remington owners, who, like the previous owners, are simply a group of investors who could not care less about it being the nation's oldest gun manufacturer and are only there to 'turn a $buck'. As with the new S&W HQ facility, is based on where those at the top of the food-chain want to be and think they can make the most money.
Glenn
RK

Post by RK »

China joe would like to sue them right out of business.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

This move is being made to keep shareholders happy. No other reason. Goes followed the same logic when they moved to LA.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

What a bunch of hooey, why what the hell do those people that have invested money in a company think they're doing wanting some return on it.
And how thoughtless of them to move somewhere that apparently require a bunch of construction jobs to make the move...
By god the gall.... :roll:
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

The exact same logic gets used to off-shore jobs to China.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I just read a headline that said they were leaving New York and coming to Ga. and moving 856 jobs in 5 years. More Fake News I guess. Kaiser, I don't think I will ever be to old to leave a shit hole.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

“The exact same logic gets used to off-shore jobs to China.’
--Jonny V

I don’t think that is necessarily 100% correct. Everyone seems to leave out the US consumer who 9 times of 10 looks to save a buck and doesn’t care about country of origin.

Back in the 1980’s I went to just about every woodworking/tool show there was. In the early shows, Delta always had a strong presentence. Then the “quality Asian” imported machinery started to attend and I noticed that woodworkers flocked to and bought the imports. I know guys who bought the imports because “It looks just like Delta.” Didn’t take too long Delta stopped setting up. A few years later I needed to stop at the Delta dealership in Oakland CA. Talked to the manager about their no-show at the wood shows. He said they just could not compete price wise with the imports. Now these same guys complain that nothing is made in the US. Same thing with Porter-Cable and the wood shows. At the range, I know several guys who bought Pedersoli Sharps rifles because they are just cheaper than Shiloh-Sharps.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

Right. It’s a race to the bottom. Right now, Georgia looks great compared to the northeast due to marginally lower taxes, way lower wage scales, and less “regulations”. However, it’s only a stopgap. Sooner or later, Georgia will be too expensive too and the jobs will go somewhere else.

It used to be OK (in this nation) for a company to make a profit and just keep on keeping on. Nowadays however, if every quarter doesn’t beat the last quarter, then someone is getting fired. These are some of the reasons why the globalists insist on importing from China. There are no “regulations” in China. They use the nearest river as a dumpster. Their government (and India too) encourages people to throw plastic in the rivers, hence you get the huge trash islands in the oceans. American workers can’t complete with that.

They stopped carrying Porter Cable at the box store a while back. I guess it’s way easier to sell ryobi.
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

our large companies took china from a peasant society in the 1960 s to a major manufacturer first we sent machines then training then built new plants walmart was an early offender now look what we have can't even wipe your butt if china doesn't sell us paper arthur j ruggiero american
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Johnny V, you are probably right about the future of Ga. the dems. are dead set on taking us over. Then we will be just like the NE.
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

My daughter lives in Canton with my SIL and grandson. They're paying $4/gallon for gas same as me...

It's more than just the idiot politicians too. Every time someone buys from a big box store, or buys an appliance, car, phone, food item, household good, you name it, not made in the USA, they are providing the financial incentive for companies to keep right on off-shoring manufacturing to china. Human life is cheap in the far east, so if a bunch of workers get sick or killed in some factory, no one cares. There's no lawsuits, compensation, or even pity, for the poor SOB that got the wrong end of the stick. American workers demand better for themselves, hence the higher wage rates. It won't turn around unless and until the majority of American consumers insist on buying products made in America by American workers earning a fair wage for their labor.

In the current climate, southern states (with "right to work" laws) are in prime position to cannibalize blue collar jobs from the NE. Everything looks good for them right now, but I suspect it's only a transitory circumstance, and they will be cannibalized themselves in the not too distant future. That's the thing about a race to the bottom....even with this round of cost cutting, Remington, S&W, Ruger, and all these other companies that are moving are going to have to keep on cutting costs. They aren't anywhere near done yet. Looked at a Ruger "Wrangler"? :(