Fed Ex Terrible Service

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Castaway

Fed Ex Terrible Service

Post by Castaway »

Ordered powder from Natchez. They got the order out in a timely manner. Shipped by Fed Ex. Yesterday I got a automated text saying delivery would be today and a signature was required. Stayed home all day, it’s now 8:00 PM and no package has been delivered. Finally got a human from Fed Ex on the phone at 7:30 PM. Told me the package was in Ga, I live in Central Fl. It’s one thing to wait an hour for a doctors appointment, but I feel like I had an 8:00 appointment, waited all day in the office and told to come back tomorrow and I might get seen.
Woody

Re: Fed Ex Terrible Service

Post by Woody »

Fed Ex has done the same to me on multiple occasions. I never let them know that I am retired when I contact them. I am overly polite, but insist on talking to someone who can give me an answer. Still terrible service. I do not ship with them when I have the choice.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Is FedEx the problem or is it that the shipping companies are being overwhelmed with deliveries, which is only to worsening with the quickly approaching holiday shopping season?

Over the last 12-18 months deliveries have dramatically increased. For example, a year or so ago I would see a UPS or another delivery truck on the seven house street where I reside maybe once or twice a week. Now I see 2-3 deliveries per day, 6-7 days a week. Same at the local Post Office. A clerk there told me that they now receive a deal more package drop offs from Amazon and other shippers than previously. I know several guys who go to the local stores to examine a potential item(s), then go home and order on-line for the best price. I really do think the whole shipping/delivery system is being overwhelmed.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
MC One Shot

Post by MC One Shot »

I believe millions including myself are now ordering online and or ordering more online. More businesses are also making online purchase's available now. I do not believe the delivery industry was prepared for the growth. In addition it appears that some workers would rather stay at home and collect benefits than work making it harder for employers to fill vacancies let alone the growth. Throw into the mix the number of employees who just don't give a sh!t about doing a good job these days in the end service ends up just sucking. Nuff said...
Woody

Post by Woody »

I really do think the whole shipping/delivery system is being overwhelmed.
You guys have points, but in my experience, Fed Ex has been the worst for many years, not just the current 18 - 24 month crisis.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

I understand being overwhelmed with more packages to deliver and fewer drivers. I don’t understand why their system notifies me too stay home when, if better software or a person were involved they’d know not to tell me to stay home. At least give me a 4 hour or less delivery window
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I have never received a beat up/ broken anything from FedEx . As a matter of fact my experience has been quite good I bought a big radiator for my boiler 36” X 72” FedEx was the carrier it was handed off three times by their affiliates and arrived pristine. I was impressed with the care that was taken . I have bought stoves, sinks ,doors FedEx has been the carrier on 70% of what I receive mostly big bulky and heavy items ,all has been free shipping and zero returns.
I can’t say the same about USPS or UPS,
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Have you noticed a lot of companies are getting away from USPS/UPS/FedEx tracking and are using tracking apps from various providers. You won’t be able to talk to a person ever and the shippers are getting hammered with ‘Where’s my stuff” so their taking you out of the loop,you’ll get it when you get it and be happy, Build Back Better B.S.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Fedex has become so bad that Amazon was forced to open its own delivery service. Until about 3yr ago I preferred them. Then they went into a quick & deep spiral of bad service from which they've not recovered. At least in my area. Have even had them simply toss packages on the ground next to my mailbox at the road rather than walk the 25' to the porch. And, they rarely alert you that a delivery has been made. They are all bad these days, but Fedex has become the worst.

As far as 'Build Back Better', am wondering what a bill that has not been voted on in either house of our very sad congress could have to do with the current state of bad service & deliveries by private companies?
Glenn
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Fedex dropped 50 lbs of Swiss 1.5F on my front porch today and didn't even disturb my wife who was working downstairs. I didn't have to sign for it either...apparently, Dave Grullo signed for it. Can't bad mouth them too much....

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Come to think of it, a bunch of you old goats on here need to cheer the hell up. The way y'all are going, Lucinda is going to have to re-name this the "squabble and complain forum". God-damn.....
alfajim

Post by alfajim »

One of Fed-Ex's problems is they are paying their drivers less than UPS and they are not union either like UPS. UPS has people standing in line for driver jobs and Fed-Ex is losing them so things with them are slower there was a news article about it the other day.

Jim O
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Come to think of it, a bunch of you old goats on here need to cheer the hell up. The way y'all are going, Lucinda is going to have to re-name this the "squabble and complain forum". God-damn.....

Lol! Funny as hell!
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

JV, come on man, leave the GD out of it. Did they ship you all the same lot #?
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Glenn, you sound like a Republican. :lol: Very Sad Congress. :wink:
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.