adding quotes to a message

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

sackett

adding quotes to a message

Post by sackett »

How do you quote someone on this board and have it change colors and actually quote the person? I can find the message and hit the "quote" button and the message will be quoted in my reply, but when I preview the message, it still just says "quote" and never actually does anything. What am I missing?
VenisonRX

Re: adding quotes to a message

Post by VenisonRX »

sackett wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm How do you quote someone on this board and have it change colors and actually quote the person? I can find the message and hit the "quote" button and the message will be quoted in my reply, but when I preview the message, it still just says "quote" and never actually does anything. What am I missing?
You’re doing it right. That’s what I just did with yours. Not sure why the preview doesn’t show it right.
—Tom
sackett

Post by sackett »

[quote=VenisonRX post_id=333305 time=1637804562 user_id=305234]
[quote=sackett post_id=333304 time=1637803540 user_id=394]
How do you quote someone on this board and have it change colors and actually quote the person? I can find the message and hit the "quote" button and the message will be quoted in my reply, but when I preview the message, it still just says "quote" and never actually does anything. What am I missing?
[/quote]

You’re doing it right. That’s what I just did with yours. Not sure why the preview doesn’t show it right.
[/quote]

another try.....and failure
semtav

Post by semtav »

Check and see if you have BBCode or something disabled
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

sackett wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm
VenisonRX wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:42 pm
sackett wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm How do you quote someone on this board and have it change colors and actually quote the person? I can find the message and hit the "quote" button and the message will be quoted in my reply, but when I preview the message, it still just says "quote" and never actually does anything. What am I missing?
another try.....and failure
HMMMMMMM
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
sackett

Post by sackett »

semtav wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:11 pm Check and see if you have BBCode or something disabled
Thank you!!! Figured it out.

Under the Smilies, it says BBCode is ON, but below the "reply" box the Disable BBCode box is checked. Uncheck the box, preview message and wammo, it works. Hallelujah!!

Thanks everyone for their help and even to the show-offs that had to add the adding of multi-quotes to my response to show how much of an idiot I look like. Nothing like adding salt to the wound........ :lol: :lol:

Have a Great Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!
sackett

Post by sackett »

This is what I needed to uncheck:
bbcode-2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Actually I wasn’t because I get the same thing you did before.

I read semtav’s msg I uncheck the box and I got it right.

I didn’t mean it as you being stupid. Cause I didn’t know either,

Kenny
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
semtav

Post by semtav »

And that was a swag cause I really had no idea. Only thing I could think of.
I did know you can't put (8) in parentheses without smilies disabled so I kinda guessed something simple was causing it.
semtav

Post by semtav »

(8)
semtav

Post by semtav »

(8)
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

sackett wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:38 am
semtav wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:11 pm Check and see if you have BBCode or something disabled
Thank you!!! Figured it out.

Under the Smilies, it says BBCode is ON, but below the "reply" box the Disable BBCode box is checked. Uncheck the box, preview message and wammo, it works. Hallelujah!!

Thanks everyone for their help and even to the show-offs that had to add the adding of multi-quotes to my response to show how much of an idiot I look like. Nothing like adding salt to the wound........ :lol: :lol:

Have a Great Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!
Awwww, bless your heart.
:D Wasn't showing off, was as stumped as everyone else, cept semtav.

Good thing mine has been set right :lol:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
semtav

Post by semtav »

semtav wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm(8)
Never mind :shock: :roll: :lol: it works that way on some forums :oops:
sackett

Post by sackett »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:28 pm Actually I wasn’t because I get the same thing you did before.

I read semtav’s msg I uncheck the box and I got it right.

I didn’t mean it as you being stupid. Cause I didn’t know either,

Kenny
Kenny, you most definitely weren't calling me stupid (or making feel it)....I just (and still do) see the multi-quotes posted here as fun ball-busting show-off humor as: see what I can you and can't :D :D :D

I just felt stupid for not being able to properly quote someone, it isn't as if this is my first time on a computer or on a message board quoting someone. I went as far as googling for solution before posting it here.....which was a mistake, unless you understand computer code.

Fun fact: the button automatically re-checks itself (at least for me); so if quoting, you need to double check it it is un-clicked.