Silhouette course of fire

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Re: Silhouette course of fire

Post by JonnyV »

Well I got the course of fire handed to me yesterday....I hit the match at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's in Eatonville, WA. Met a bunch of great folks and had a blast. I didn't even have dope settings but had some when I left! Got timed out on my first string without shooting on all the targets but thereafter did OK. Hit 13/40, I'm pretty sure the shooter that won it hit 24 (Beth Moore, the match director).

The good news is that my bullet and lube combo work well enough that I didn't even need a blow tube, although I'm ordering one up today for this kind of shooting. Met a lot of great folks and will be better prepared for next time.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Way to go! Welcome to your second sickness. That is competing with these rifles. 13 is pretty good for a first match. Mine was 11, and I too was thrilled.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Congratulations on your first match. A very decent score for the first time out. Don't recall my first score, but have managed a couple of single-digit ones over the years.

Am guessing you had good weather with plenty of moisture in the air, which allowed you to shoot the full match without 'fouling out'. When summer rolls around and the temp, sun and lower humidity combine you will definitely need that blow-tube.
Glenn
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I did do a quick cleaning between strings, just a couple of bore wipers. Nothing to really report on that. Also used Glenn's seating tool and Eric's newly re-designed seating tool and both worked out great. Thinking I need to cater my 45-70 load development for silhouette. Have a mold inbound from Brooks with a 1.42" bullet design that I'm hoping will work well with the 18" twist....