BPC News

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kwilliams

Re: BPC News

Post by kwilliams »

Yes still waiting for my issue also in south central Mt. I am sure its laying in a postal warehouse in Billings.
kw
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Nothing here yet
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Nothing in northern nevada yet either.usually pretty well read when i get it
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
TAA

Post by TAA »

I’m in central Minnesota. My copy arrived Wed. this week.

The more I read the article on the Model 77, the more I have to convince myself to resist. I probably missed it but the chambering isn’t identified but it appears to be a .40 caliber something.

Tom
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Dont resist. They are really nice.
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

Haven't received my copy yet either......
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

Haven't received my copy yet either......
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

It just hit the left coast today. :D
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

My copy showed up today and first thing I did was read the letter, then the editorial...

I'm a BP rookie(less than one year in it, and waiting my turn to take delivery of a Shiloh). I'm in this because I feel pretty strongly that BPCR shooting is at the pinnacle of rifle marksmanship. Plenty of my friends are shooting modern "precision rifle", and some have won championships and gotten paid to shoot, however, there's no escaping that the level of technology used by those shooters is almost half the equation for the success they enjoy. You can damn near buy your way to the top of the leaderboard. Not so with BPCR shooting.

I have been an NRA member for many years now. I aggressively pursued the highest level of membership (Benefactor at the time). I was very proud for a good long time over that, but now, the shine has plum wore off. Fact is, most of my money probably went towards Wayne's cut and run trips down to the Bahama's, or his retail therapy sessions in Beverly Hills. I have never spoken to anyone in the NRA who wasn't trying to pry my wallet open and empty it for me.

Reading about these problems with NRA's mis-management of silhouette and piss-poor treatment of competitors is therefore not surprising in the least. As a new shooter, who is actively bringing other new shooters into this sport, I think that having a national level organization that can be counted on to have the best interests of the members at heart is not only needed, it's mandatory. It's pretty clear that we don't have that right now.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

TAA wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:00 pm I’m in central Minnesota. My copy arrived Wed. this week.

The more I read the article on the Model 77, the more I have to convince myself to resist. I probably missed it but the chambering isn’t identified but it appears to be a .40 caliber something.

Tom
Don't resist. You'll wonder why you did for so long when you get yours in hand.
My only regret was not having a couple of more add ons stuck to it, most especially some of Suzi's engraving.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Copy arrived and the plastic cover was still intact!
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

charlie young wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:05 am Richard, a couple years ago they had a special running. I subscribed and never got an issue for several months, received 2 and that was it. I'm assuming it was some sort of a computer deal going on. It's well worth the read if you are interested in the magazine. Hopefully they have it figured out. There was several on here at that time that went thru the same thing. I think if you probably subscribe for more multiple years it would work much better, as my subscription was only for a year. It's really a great magazine.
Shadow 4 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:16 am
charlie young wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:35 pm I wish the BPC News was more available to reaching mail boxes up here in NE Montana, after several attemps at subscriptions, I finally give up. if I'm lucky I can find one on a magazine stand someplace. Oh and yes I've called and visited more than once.
SE Montana

Ditto.

Ditto.

Ditto.

knobsmt wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:36 pm have not got mine yet .must be something with eastern Montana
kwilliams wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:40 am Yes still waiting for my issue also in south central Mt. I am sure its laying in a postal warehouse in Billings.
kw
So, after all glowing reviews of "things have straightened out", gave er the old college try, went online, re upped for two years, plus I ordered the four copies I missed in 2020 & the four copies for 2021, 8 copies showed up today, unmolested, yep, the current issue included. Ordered on 12/14, delivered 12/20.

We'll just have to see if 2022 & 2023 is so glowing.

Excuse me, I've got some catching up to do :wink:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

Mine showed up today, along with the current issue of Rifle Magazine. I intend to spend an enjoyable evening reading and sipping whiskey.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
DAG4570

Post by DAG4570 »

I just received mine here in Spokane today. It will give me something to read when the temps go into the minus category next week. Merry Christmas to all.

Dave
knobsmt

Post by knobsmt »

mine showed up today :D