Buckhorn

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Graybeard

Buckhorn

Post by Graybeard »

Was on Shiloh website. Looking. Just wondering what you guys thoughts are on buckhorn sights or no sights. Thanks
Randy Bohannon

Re: Buckhorn

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I have the buckhorn that has the ladder sight as well, glad I have at least one Shiloh with that sight. It doesn’t interfere with tang sight visibility and with some practice it is a suitable hunting sight.
77 sharps

Post by 77 sharps »

Full buckhorn on a 34” barrel, full buckhorn, semi buckhorn, or Lawrence on a 30” or shorter barrel. The ladder is easily removed if it’s interfering with aiming. If you have a globe front, you will probably need to use the ladder to aim. I’ve never regretted having rear barrel sights, but I have wished that a rifle that didn’t did.
Eric Johanen

Post by Eric Johanen »

I favor the long staff Lawrence rifle sight on my hunting and gong rifles. Sight picture is unobstructed and makes for comfortable carry with the flat, smooth standing portion of the sight. Carefully open the sight notches for my old eyes and remove some material from the bottom of the slider to set a 200 yard zero. My Shiloh 50-70 military rifle uses the standard front and my Shiloh 44-77 Hartford and my C. Sharps heavy barrel 50-90 both are fitted with a Hartford front sight with a bronze post. Out to 400 yards they give good service and once you have good zeros they work very well.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I prefer the semi buckhorn sight.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

I agree with Don on Semi-Buckhorn. In fact I would trade my one full for a semi any day.
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

I agree with Don on Semi-Buckhorn. In fact I would trade my one full for a semi any day.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

semi buck horn.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Thanks for input.