Federal 215M Primers

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

GSmith

Federal 215M Primers

Post by GSmith »

Anyone have advice as to where to purchase primers? All the local shops tell me they haven't seen a primer in over a year. All the venders that I have found on the web that say they have them in stock seem shady with high scam alert levels. Looking for Federal 215M.
VenisonRX

Re: Federal 215M Primers

Post by VenisonRX »

If you’re finding them in stock online it’s probably a scam site. A way to tell is if they want you to pay with pay pal or some app rather than a credit card. No credit card option is definitely a scam. Sticking to the known places is the safest option. Brownells, midway, mid south, etc. is the safest answer.

Brownells has or at least had the other day some small rifle primers. Seems like unless you shoot an AR-15 you can’t get anything these days. Even the bass pro near me has started catering almost exclusively to the Tac crowd as far as what they keep stocked anymore. Granted I’m in Arkansas and it seems like there’s a tactical shooting group in every new life style church (a lot of those here). Different locations may have better luck?

Almost makes the old argument in favor of a new guy buying a sharps chambered in 45-70 because components are “plentiful” a little less valid. Not saying that’s the only reason just one of the few that are mentioned every time someone asks.
—Tom
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

GSmith wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:14 pm Anyone have advice as to where to purchase primers? All the local shops tell me they haven't seen a primer in over a year. All the venders that I have found on the web that say they have them in stock seem shady with high scam alert levels. Looking for Federal 215M.
A little pricey but you can get them on gunbroker.
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I heard, have not personally experienced, both Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabelas occasionally/periodically have primers.
They limit one brick of 1,000 per customer at a time, in store pick up only.
When they are available.

Maybe get on the notify me list at MidwayUSA could work also. $80.00 a thousand plus shipping and hazmat.

Neither the primer shortage nor the BPCR Brass shortage make sense. As least according to the reasons I am hearing. :x
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Woody

Post by Woody »

I was at a small gun show in Louisville, KY today. Nothing of interest but did see some primers for sale at gouging prices still. Lots of uninteresting black plastic and velcro on the tables. I keep trolling the normal suspects but again nothing breaking loose yet. I'm good for this year and if I conserve, for a couple of years, with powder, primers, brass, and lead.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

I have some Fed GM215M and Fed. 215 if you need them..
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???