NRA Grand Slams & Scores

Do you have a shoot or special event coming up soon? Tell us here.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: NRA Grand Slams & Scores

Post by desert deuce » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

SSShooter

Post by SSShooter » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:32 am

desert deuce wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:51 am
Thank you Mr. Farmer. Could you please further clarify?
Irons two?: That would be Ron Calderone and who is the other BPCR Silhouette shooter also deserving of recognition?
Scope one?: Brian Chilson?
Yes, that would be Brian Chilson for both irons & scope.

Also, as Brian has shot 10 (or more) chickens more than twice, is he deserving of more than the two (one scope & one irons) grand slams? As he has innumerable 10's & 15's in all the stick animals should not all of his 10, or more, chicken runs also count as a grand slam? Or, is one person limited to only one grand slam per discipline (iron & scope)?

Along with the grand slam, isn't Brian the only competitor to have shot 40/40 in a match? Perhaps that is deserving of an "Ultimate Grand Slam" appellation.

One last point of clarification (at least for me)............. if one is shooting a 60-shot match and misses the first animal and gets the next 14, does that count as a 'long run'? Seems to me 14 in a row is 14 in a row and should count. Or, do the rules state that a long run must start on the first animal on the first bank? Hopefully, Aaron can clarify this, as well.
Glenn

desert deuce

Post by desert deuce » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 am

Don't recall Brian Chilson's Grand Slam Irons being reported on this site?
Very much recall his Grand Slam Scope and his 40/40 excellent scope score reported here. Would that be a super slam scope?
Moreover, isn't a Grand Slam all 10 animals in a 40 shot match and all 15 animals in a 15 shot match?
If so, shooting 14 of 15 would not be counted in a Grand Slam would it? :?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

SSShooter

Post by SSShooter » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 am

desert deuce wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 am
Moreover, isn't a Grand Slam all 10 animals in a 40 shot match and all 15 animals in a 15 shot match?
If so, shooting 14 of 15 would not be counted in a Grand Slam would it? :?
Had not thought about a grand slam being delineated between a 10-shot and a 15-shot string in that fashion. Interesting. Will have to dig up the rule-book and see if it has anything to say about same.
Glenn

Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm

My understanding is that to achieve a "Grand Slam" in silhouette, a shooter has to get a 10/10 on each animal, it doesn't have to be in the one match.
Just like getting a Grand Slam on trophy animals when hunting, you don't have to bag them all during the same hunt, it can take years to achieve.
A 40/40 is a "possible" and would also count as a Grand Slam. Long runs and 10/10 must start with the first target. I missed out on my first 10/10 at Raton the first year I came over due to it being animals 6-15. I was told it has to start at No.1 animal. :(
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia