Tornado Alley 2021 .22 BPCR Shoot-Off

Do you have a shoot or special event coming up soon? Tell us here.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

22Ballard

Tornado Alley 2021 .22 BPCR Shoot-Off

Post by 22Ballard » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Oklahoma City Gun Club will he hosting Tornado Alley 2021, .22 BPCR Silhouette Match. Match dates are May 14 -16. Friday 5/14 is set-up, sight-in, and practice. Match is May 15& 16 (Sat and Sun). BPCRA rules apply. Mike Bassett is Match Director, contact info; phone or text, 405-315-0590. E-mail ; Carpetslayer@AOL.com. Note, entries will be accepted starting April 1st. *** Flier and entry form to follow.

SSShooter

Re: Tornado Alley 2021 .22 BPCR Shoot-Off

Post by SSShooter » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Seems rather odd that folks complain about low attendance and then schedule their matches on top of the next closest regional matches (TX).
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27901
Folks generally cannot be in two places at once.
Glenn

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:13 pm

Tornado alley has a great turnout and it's at a great range. My grandson loves it so if he can shoot we'll be there. If he can't shoot we'll be going to Texas.
Being a match director is tough and we thank Mike and the folks in Texas for putting on a match.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.

Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:49 pm

That is to bad that Texas decided to schedule their BPCR Regional match knowing The Tornado Alley Shootout .22 BPCR match has been this weekend over 20 years now. But it might of have been the best date for their group to host the match there this year. Sometimes, you just can't help sharing weekends to hold matches.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Who knows what the weather is going to be like in May in Texas or in Oklahoma.
The Tornado alley match was named because of the weather In Oklahoma in May.
If Oklahoma has had floods or is going to have storms, we'll head south to Texas.
If Texas has had a lot of rain in that area, we'll stay in Oklahoma.
Isn't it refreshing to have choices this year ?
The Oklahoma city range drains very well and we have put on matches in torrential downpours.
The only problem is the target setters finding those wonderful little flying chickens when we hit one !!!
Mike and his crew put on a GREAT match at Oklahoma city and he still uses the free standing targets. I just GIGGLE when Jeanne , the grand Monkey or I hit one and send it flying.

We can't wait to take advantage of all the shooting opportunities this year.
Yep...I am one lucky dude to have a wife that likes to shoot as much as I do.

powderburnt

Post by powderburnt » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 am

And then there is turkey season to contend with. So much to do and so little time.

HG

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 am

Harlan
The Turkey season in Oklahoma Starts in April. I don't hunt them anymore, but I will go with my Grand Son to call one up.Then there's fishing, gardening, hiking...you're right...so much to do so little time.

22Ballard

Post by 22Ballard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 am

Sorry to announce that the match is CANCELED for this year. We look to be back for 2022. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:32 am

Mike is up to his waist in work and adding tornado alley on to his already FULL plate is just too much right now.
We appreciate him and love his monthly matches.
Being a match director is really hard work...and maybe he needs a break.

40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Maybe he just needs some help. Too bad the Club embers won't step up.
In order for me to be insulted; I must first value your opinion.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:53 pm

I don't think that's the case here Dick... The majority of our club members are very hard workers. ..I think he has a lot on his plate.

Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:00 pm

40-65rl wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:19 pm
Maybe he just needs some help. Too bad the Club embers won't step up.
You've jumped to a big conclusion there, Dick, but wouldn't expect anything less from you. Mike has stated he has plenty of help, and canceled the match for other reasons.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:02 pm

here you go Dick this is from Mike Bassett

Michael Bassett
Admin
Author
I want to make something clear. Our club members and shooters Devotion to this Sport and these matches is being called into question. They would have and are offering their help even now after the fact. I want it to be known that I decided to cancel this match and I did not give anybody else the option or choice.
I want to thank all of our Shooters and club members for all their help through these few years and look forward to their help in the future. Also I put this match on the calendar December 15th of 2020, as far as people scheduling on top of people that's the way that goes. If I was a member of the Shiloh Forum I would be posting this comment there , feel free to share it.

40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:05 am

Ok Glen, here ya go,

This was my reply to Mike comment's on FB though Dave Wiese:
Dick Hennebry
Just didn't want Mike to feel he was out there without any support for his business and family situation while trying to keep this longest lasting .22 BPCR match going. As a match director I know about all the folks who are in the background that make a match go. Felt that if you needed help that we could get some headed your way. I for one would help in whatever way you or needed Mike. I understand your desire for a quality match, something that you have provided even before Dave and Pam passed. Sorry if I came across in any manner other than my 1000% support you Mike and your efforts now and in the past about this match. Wishing you the best in your move and hope business booms for you and your quality gun work business my friend.

Michael Bassett
thank you. I look forward to next year's match with luck it will be better than ever.

Now your Brent quote:
This is posted on Steelchickens:

John Henry wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 am Finally, there will be a one-day long range BP match on the 1,000 yard range at Whittington.
Dick Hennebry:
Who is running this match, Jim?

BrentD wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:00 pm You talked me out of it Dick.

~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.

Post by BrentD » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:54 pm
"40-65rl wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:47 pm No you just took your toy and went home. Too bad you took a match away from a lot of folks who were looking forward to it. Trying to offer a suggestion based on years of match experience was wrong. I apologize for trying to run your match. However, there were several others who tried to offer insight also not just me. Here is my apology, please accept it."
Brent:
No Dick, you and Kenny did. 5 minutes after I posted my interest in doing it, you two were whining and telling me what I should be doing as if I had never been to a match in my life. Thanks. YOu made me remember how miserable some of the BPTR shooters can be and why hosting a match for the fun of getting a bunch of people the chance to shoot a grand isn't worth the aggravation from you two and a handful of others. Apparently, you know everything about long range matches so why don't you and Kenny put it on. Go for it.

Note the date of Feb 16. On Feb 17 you posted on Shiloh asking about the 1000 yard match knowing full well the discussion between Brent, who I still consider a friend and would shoot with him anytime, anywhere, You trying to stir the pot once again.

On Feb 27, on this forum, Jeanne posted a comment about the new match director was not going to get NRA approval and that they should "BE AWARE", in other words, I am not the match director so avoid these matches. You later posted how you and Jeanne loved the match. Wow more pot stirring.

You and Jeanne's agenda is clear to most of us on this forum and we are weary of it.

You and Jeanne are more than welcome, if you desire for any reason other than spite, it come and shoot with us at Cheyenne. I am certain it would be interesting to say the least.
In order for me to be insulted; I must first value your opinion.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Dick, Dick, Dick. You get caught talking bad about Oklahoma city gun Club members and you try to deflect that with some long winded post. ..DICK.