OKC BPCR

Do you have a shoot or special event coming up soon? Tell us here.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jeanne Ring

OKC BPCR

Post by Jeanne Ring » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:25 pm

We have learned that Oklahoma City has another new match director, and they have changed their day for BPCR matches to the first Saturday, beginning in March. Also have been told that, once again this year, they are NOT NRA approved or sanctioned, so those who would travel to shoot these matches, be aware.

Maj. Forrest Smith

Re: OKC BPCR

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Yes, it is exciting to have Todd Tullio volunteer and take over the OKC Gun Club"s long time running BPCR matches for this year. Todd has been shooting both .22 BPCR and BPCR matches out of his old club at Yaupon Creek near Houston for several years. Todd and his lovely wife, Sandy, got to move back to the OKC area last year. (I think something was mention about being closer to Grandkids) Todd and Sandy are no strangers to the OKC range as they both attend matches through out the years there. Todd's first BPCR shoot as Match Director is scheduled for next Saturday if the weather will co-operate! I want to wish Todd success and lets Keep our fingers crossed for good shooting weather. Come join in on the fun!

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:01 pm

The Oklahoma City Silhouette Range is awesome.
Jim Fields is the head honcho and at 83 years young he is showing no sign of slowing down. Jim keeps the range in working order with pneumatic targets that are re settable out to 500 meters..WITH THE PUSH OF A BUTTON! There are several places to park and hookup your trailer rig just YARDS from the Silhouette firing line. The silhouette Range has a GREAT club house and pic nic areas with TWO very clean his and her bathrooms...including a shower. If you stay the night at the range you'll see LOTS of wild life including deer , wild hogs and occasionally a rattle snake or copperhead.
You will most certainly get to meet the legendary Jim Fields. Jim often works ALL day at the range, sleeps there and starts to work early the next morning! If something has a trigger Jim can shoot it and even the young AR-15 guys will tell you..Jim Is STILL fast and accurate.

Mike Bassett runs a GREAT 22 BPCR match there using targets with no issues. Who doesn't like the sight of a spinning/flying chicken at 50 meters ???
Want to shoot archery while you're camping? No problem. A newly renovated archery range with all NEW 3-d targets is just a short walk west of the Silhouette range! His and her very clean restrooms are there also.

Maybe you have your air rifle and want to try Field target?? Pearl Stonebreaker has a loyal following having monthly matches at the beautiful archery range.

Jeanne and I still run Lever Action silhouette matches at the Silhouette range and these matches are NRA sanctioned events with a NRA regional in September.
Jeanne and I have added another shooting sport at the Silhouette range, Precision 22 lr. Any 22 rifle or pistol . We shoot all steel reactive targets out to 300 meters and every month there is a different setting of targets...that are different shapes and sizes.

Want to shoot 22 F-Class? The silhouette range is host to that discipline also.
Shoot shotgun? The Oklahoma city gun club has GREAT trap and skeet ranges.
The Cowboy action range draws huge crowds from all over the country every year.
Like IPSC?? Steel Challenge? Action pistol or bullseye? yep..we have all that also with the new ranges being finished this spring.

The Oklahoma city Gun Club offers a beautiful place to spend a shooting vacation. Paved roads and countless eating establishments , hotels and motels only 6 miles away in Edmond Oklahoma...Part of the Oklahoma City metro area. You can visit the cowboy hall of fame( ask for my bud Vickey to show you around) or go downtown to visit the Oklahoma City Bombing memorial. Down town OKC has the river walk with boat rides and many restaurants/clubs along the way.

While you're shooting at the Oklahoma city gun club you might run into An Internationally Known Gun smith..Steve Baldwin. A VERY nice man who is the best gun smith I have ever met.

Come shoot with us. Jeanne and I will be the couple cutting up and having fun on the silhouette range.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.

40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:59 am

Please describe F Class on the shulouette range. Little rain in OKC has never been a problem for me, look forward to it.
In order for me to be insulted; I must first value your opinion.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:25 am

Here you go Dick. this should answer your questions and if not Kelly is the match director and here's his e-mail.

http://info.okcgunclub.org/22-f-class/22-fclass.pdf
kmcnitt@mcnittgc.com

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:19 pm

Todd Tulio ran a great first match. Todd advised everyone about what he expected in the way of safety ( we had demanded the same safety procedures when we were match directors so naturally we LOVED them)) and Jeanne and I feel safe bringing our grandson to shoot there with us.

We hope Todd will put on matches at OKC for a long time!!

Yellowhouse

Post by Yellowhouse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:56 am

A little confused. Is this the range across the road north of where the Crossno's had their shop?
Sam

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:55 am

I don't know where anyone lived, but here's the address to the Oklahoma City Gun Club. The best range I have ever shot at. 12465 NE 234th St, Arcadia, OK 73007

Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Yes, Pam and Dave Crossno lived and had their shop across the road from the OKC Gun Club. The OKC Gun Club is a very nice privately run club with several different ranges set-up for different styles of matches. The silhouette range alone has targets for set up for lever gun, pistol, .22 BPCR, F class .22 and BPCR Silhouette games.