shiloh order on floor

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dryfly

shiloh order on floor

Post by dryfly »

When the order for a Shiloh is on the floor. Hope the waiting time is winding down.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Thee and Me. :roll: Especially since mine is on the floor now. :D
Lee Stone
Parley Baer

Post by Parley Baer »

I would tend to think that when the rifle is on the floor it would mean it is in production. Parley
SHILOH 4
I'am that man, Matt Dillon, United States Marshall, the first man they look for and the last they want to meet.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Parley,

That is what I have been given to understand. :D
Lee Stone
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

You guys are all right, when it is on the floor, it is being made. Thanks Kirk
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

No Kirk. THANK YOU!!! From us.
Lee Stone
Maj Bob Lee

Post by Maj Bob Lee »

Could any of you tell me what your order number is? Just curoius, might let me know better when mine will come up.

Thanks
"A miltia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves and include all men capable of bearing arms..To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms.." Richard Henry Lee 1788
spook2

Post by spook2 »

Amen, the current order would be great. I think I'm close but would be great to know for sure. Thanks.
Spook2
Got the target; the friendlies are in sight; master arm on; I'm rollin' in hot. Experto Crede.
Omak Cowboy

rifle 186

Post by Omak Cowboy »

My rifle, #186 took less than a month from being on the floor to being in my happy hands :D
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Major,

My order # 896, dated 24 Jan.'03, went to the floor in August. So I am in high hopes of seeing it some time this month. This is my .45/90 Hartford.

My order #1164, dated 8 July '03, is of course still pending. I hope to see it some time in May. This is my .50/90 Sporter #1.

I hope this will help give you a bit of a handle on where your order fits in and when you can be expecting your rifle.
Lee Stone
kamotz

Post by kamotz »

Thanks Lee for the order date info.. That gives me a better idea of what Im looking at.My oder no. is 1034 dated 3/30/2003.So Im not far now.It seems like yesterday when I ordered it.Damn! I must be getting old for time to fly like this :roll: Rifle config.:No.1 ,shotgun butt,45-110,semi-fancy,bone charc,schnable pistol grip,ebony frm.tip,standard checkering,32"hvy oct, MVA 23"mil-dot scope, accent cheek peice. :D Im setting a room aside for it and its enterage of support equipment to make that baby chirp when it gets here.LOL
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
nohorse

Post by nohorse »

Lee: I wanna see that 50-90 when ya get it! I always wanted one of those big 50's!!!!!! We'll have to get together and shoot...
Shiloh #1!
Guns:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, 30 inch heavy octagon with MVA mid range soule and MVA spirit level sights
45-70 Hartford Model, 30 inch heavy octagon with Axtell Hartford Transition and MVA combination sights [the hunter!!]
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Nohorse,

I'll drop you a line as soon as it comes in.

I have a 650gr Creedmoor .50 cal mould from Paul Jones waiting for it. I naturally have tried it out and, like all of Paul's moulds it throws beautiful bullets. But, you can guess why I want to get six of those 60 pound ingots of pure lead from Exide. That mould will make short work of a 25 pound lead pot full.
Lee Stone
Gravity Railroad

Post by Gravity Railroad »

Major,

For the good of the order. My order number is 15774. A local gun shop put in the order in 1997 to reserve it. My rifle order using this number was placed in June 2003. I was told that the only time Shiloh makes the "bull" barrels (mine is a 16lb) is in the fall. I hope that mine will start in production soon. The point I am trying to make is that maybe the sequential order number does not mean too much with all orders. On the other hand, maybe my order is the only odd duck.

I took advantage of cooler weather this past week and cast some Hoch nose pour 465-grain slugs. I trust the shooters on this forum that say nothing less than 600 something grain in the big 50 are accurate for competition. I just hope that they are good for PA whitetails. If not, Paul Jones will get another order.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself." --Thomas Jefferson: 1782.
Tim Kauffman

Bull Barrel Order

Post by Tim Kauffman »

Gravity Railroad;
You aren't the only "odd duck" out there. I too ordered a 16 Ib. bull barrel back in Feb. I was also told over the phone that the bull barrels are manufactured in the fall only. I don't know the reason for the seasonal factor but there must be a logical one. It would be interesting to hear from the other folks who ordered bull barrels. I'd like to know just how many of us there are. I hope no one has to wait for fall 2004. :lol: