French Gray Finish Question

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Trigger Dr:

You are right, the differences are what makes this really fun and interesting. I do know more people who shoot theirs (even only once, or rarely), than I know people like myself. I am extremely glad not to be born 50-100+ years in the future, as I fear the re-written history of today, will all but erase a lot of our cherished politically incorrect past.

That is one main reason I preserve a much "hard" evidence as possible for the future.

On a lighter note, your find of a case of '73 winchesters, sounds like a dream. I'm surprised you didn't try to buy the whole thing (if you could). There would be plenty of very "Good" friends right here on this forum willing to give them a great home, or become part of your family!!! ;-)

"Your Lost Uncle",

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Long Lost Uncle, At the time I found these, I was 13 years old. this was at Dick's Pack Sack in Livingston, Montana, my home town in 1953. The owner, R.E. Dickensheets was a strong supporter of youth hunting safety
for all forms of hunting . he was making an archery range for kids use only. Had I kept my mouth shut, I could have had all of them, but my upbringing would not allow that. I feel fortunate to have received only one. Dick gave that to me for my honesty.
Trigger Dr ( your stingy nephew)
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Trigger Dr:

:-) I understand, "your upbringing". By your statement, I'm sure we are related, at least in our values. Our families would handle that exactly the same. I bet if a poll was taken, many of us would have this is common.

Thanks,

"Lost Uncle Texas" ;-)
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Omak Cowboy

'74

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Trigger,
there is merit in Heaven for doing the right thing.

I've also found the golden rule applies too. What goes round comes round and so your reward was a clear conscious, FINDING a case of '74s...boy THAT'S a once in a lifetime experience any of us would love to have...and of course you got one too! AMAZING!

Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.