Rifle Weight

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

GhostRider

Rifle Weight

Post by GhostRider »

Kirk or Lucinda,
Here I am, looking at all these fine rifles, and I think I've finally found the one that's right for me, but I have a question about it...If I have my druthers, I'll pick the 1874 LRE with a 32" standard octagonal barrel, pewter forearm tip, and cut for the buckhorn rear sights, but I would like to know how much this rifle might weigh equipped as I have mentioned. I realize that weight may vary slightly from rifle to rifle, so if you could come up with the heaviest weight this rifle could weigh, it would be of great help in letting me know if I'll still be NRA legal.

Thanks for your time
Matt Seymore
"The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'"
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi, with a 30" barrel we can do it, and it will be right on the mark, a 32", no way will it happen. Thanks Kirk
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

If I may, I would like to throw in a curiosity question:

GhostRider, when you say NRA legal, are you refering to NRA Silhouette, 12 pound 2 ounce legal or NRA Long Range 15 pound legal?
Lee Stone
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

Lee,
I am referring to the silhouette legal 12 pounds 2 oz. I'm just wanting to make sure that when I buy a rifle that it'll be legal to shoot in 99% of the matches that I'd be interested in shooting.

Matt Seymore
"The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'"
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

We were on the same page.