Quigley v Long Range Express - Kirk

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Were we better off in the days of the USSR; When we knew who the enemy was?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 34

Canoe112

Quigley v Long Range Express - Kirk

Post by Canoe112 »

Kirk,

1. Is the "Quigley" basically a Long Range Express with a straight stock and other embelishments? Or, is it really of its own design?

2. Also, I presume other Rifles such as the Long Range Express, Hartford, etc. qualify as Buffalo Rifles and not just the "Quigley". Am I correct?

I looked at your site several years ago before the "Quigley" and my impression then was that several of the Rifles qualified as Buffalo Rifles provided the caliber and load is correct.

3. Can the "Quigley" be fitted with Ebony Pistol Grip? It seem spretty close to what I am looking for if I can make a few modifications.

4. Or, am I better off starting with a Long Range Express and building it from there?

5. Can you get a Long Range Express with straight stock and Ebony Pistol Grips?

6. What is the most historically correct Rifle design you have to base a Long Range Buffalo rilfe on? Am I "off track" with the above comments?

Sorry for all the questions from a guy just getting serious about this; but sooner or later you'll be taking my money.

Thanks,

Canoe
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning Sir, I am going to try to sum your questions up the best I can on this button board. When I'm done, go to the web sight and look at all of the features.
We opperate a lot like the original company, you can order the gun exactly the way that you want it to look. The model names you see depict the stock design. People who don't like to make decisions will just pick a name and we make the gun as shown.
All of the guns start with either an 1863 or 1874 reciever. You then take and decide barrel weight, length, and stock configuration then put what ever custom features on the rifle that you like. All of the custom features are traditional to the old guns.
The Quigley rifle was actually patterned off of an original rifle, the movie company had this all decided when Wolfgang was approached to make the gun, this was before my time.
As far as which qualifies for Buffalo, from all of the pictures and letters that I have seen on guns, these were always plain sporter #3 or Hartford model type guns. The old timers were short on funds, so I doubt they worried to much about custom add ons. The pistol grip fancy guns were for the wealthier type, durring the target era.
I hope this helps a little, Thanks Kirk

P.S. Please don't hesitate to call anytime, I am a better talker than typer.
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Kirk,

So the Hartford stock and the Quigley stock are in fact the same stock?

Canoe
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Yes Sir, that can be had with the military butt or the shotgun butt. If you take all of the custom features, sights, gold, pewter, and etc. off of the Quigley you will have a sporter #3 and the price will go from 2860.00 down to 1504.00. Kirk
Jeff McCartney

Post by Jeff McCartney »

:?:

So Kirk, you did not really answer the question, especially for a newcomer. What are the advantages/diadvantages between a "Quigley" 45-120 and a Long Range Express, both 34" barrels besides that the Quigley is a delux model.

I have Benelli shot gun where i bought the "plain jane" model. It mau not be as pretty but the gun is exactly the same workings as the delux model which cost $800 more. Mine shoots just as many birds !
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Jeff M.
I am not Kirk, but I think he did answer your question. If you did not see the answer, I can give it to you in a number and 3 words....$1356 worth of gingerbread.
Trigger dr
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Jeff, These Shilohs are the same as a Benelli M1 field is to a monte-feltro, same action design, but more chrome, just like Trigger said. Thanks Kirk