Customizing limits

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

cjensen

Customizing limits

Post by cjensen »

I have two questions concerning the ability to customize the Shiloh Sharps rifles. Is it possible to order a shorter than standard length of pull, and is it possible to order a round knob on the pistol grip?

Thank you,
Carl Jensen
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

It is possible to adjust pull, I am kinda lost on the round knob part, you mean like an older double barrel? Kirk
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

Old ??
I guess I am feeling my age now.
Like the Browning Superposed Round Knob
see
<http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976368496.htm>

Thanks
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

We have never had anyone ask to do this before, I guess if you like that we could look into it. I think it might look funny with the size of a 74 reciever. Kirk
Parley Baer

Post by Parley Baer »

Kirk

I think he is refering to the Convex pistol grip only more so. I have seen this style pistol grip on the older Remington shotguns as an example. I like the Schnable pistol grip myself. :D Parley
SHILOH 4
I'am that man, Matt Dillon, United States Marshall, the first man they look for and the last they want to meet.
geronimo.tn

Post by geronimo.tn »

Car
Been wondering that myself.
I like the profile of the straight stock but also the feel of the pistol grip and the rounded pistol grip end looks good to me also (like the old Engish shotguns). I think they have a more 'open' angle though and the end position of the lower tang would come into play.
So, we'll see, eh??
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

I really do not care for the Schnable, but I would like a pistol grip. All I have to go on so far is the side photos of the Sharps. I will need to see one physically to get a perspective. Every time I look at the photos I think it would have nice lines and still be functional.
Good excuse for a trip to Montana.

Thanks,
Carl Jensen
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

I wonder if he talking about the knob found on some of the pistol grip stocks seen in the 1878 section of Frank Sellers book. They look real nice.

-Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"