dovetail size

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

wolfie

dovetail size

Post by wolfie »

what is the size of the front site dovetail i am thinking about swicthing my #111 to 1 of RON HEILMAN'S sky light's with level he lists his as 3/8 dovetail.thanks for any input 8)
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
TYRVR

Dove tail width:

Post by TYRVR »

Depending on age of your rifle, the width will be .450" or 7/16"
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

wolfie, Ron has the correct size for your shiloh, just tell him it is a shiloh and he will have the right one sent to you, Randy
Randy Ruwe
Bill Falk

Post by Bill Falk »

Howdy, As mentioned tell Ron it's a Shiloh and the SN he will know, probably a 7/16" though. Be prepared to put some effort into removing the #111 and installing the Heilman skylight( which you will really enjoy). I used a 1/2 " brass rod with a leather pad and Kroil and great care. You do not remove the spirit level to install the sight i.e. the leather pad to protect that area of the sight. Regards Bill aka: Monticello Marshal
Bill Falk

Post by Bill Falk »

Wolfie, I just read the post 3 spaces down regarding sight removal. I had better revise my reply post and state it takes lots of effort to both remove the 111 and install the Heilman the fit is so perfectly tight. Again the reason for the leather pad and the large surface diameter brass rod and the lubrication. Take Care , Bill