inline seating dies

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

wolfie

inline seating dies

Post by wolfie »

want to get a inline seating die for my 45 2 7/8 look at the redding makes for buffalo arms and the vickerman style by GMW and Meacham.like the idea of the vickerman but have never used one,kirk how is the one you are working on what is it going to be like?thanks 8)
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi B.j., I am just finishing them, The die is the actual chamber of your gun. You will seat a bullet and get it perfectly straight with a run out guage. Next you will take JB weld , acraglass, or some epoxy like this and make your nose punch fit the bullet perfectly while in the die body. When this is all done you can use an arbor press or if you don't have one of these, which most people don't, I also designed a tool that threads right into your loading press and uses the presses leverage to seat the bullet. I have been using one for the last two years to make sure it will work forever. My 7 year old son seats my bullets for me, and every one is zero to .001" run out, you can't mess them up no matter how hard you try, and it's fast. Thanks Kirk

Hopefully I can get a picture and price of the unit on the web page soon.