Additional Information/Specifications Availability For Rifle

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bearbait2

Additional Information/Specifications Availability For Rifle

Post by Bearbait2 »

Dear Sir,
Other than that contained in your excellent website, is additional information available regarding barrel twist rate for the various calibers, recommended bullet weight (projectile length) for the twist available, single trigger substitution for dual set triggers (my preference), etc?
A "book/catalog" on your fine product, perhaps? Am trying to avoid pestering you with a million questions while making up my mind as to what might suit my fancy/percieved need. Your assistance is most appreciated.
Shoot Straight
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning Sir, I am just a phone call away, 406-932-4266. This would be the best way to get the answers that you are looking for. Thanks Kirk
Last edited by Kirk on Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Bearbait2

After just having seen some pictures of a 1600 pound, 12 foot plus bear up in your part of the world and a picture of the poor fellow he (the bear) was having for lunch (and NOT as a guest, as the main course), I think I would find your handle a bit un-nerving. :roll:
Lee Stone
Bearbait2

Post by Bearbait2 »

Kirk: Will try to get my ducks in a row and give you a call one of these days. Thank you.

Lee: Somedays; and even wounded Grizz are FAST. Have the scars to prove it. But then again, maybe I'm just a little on the slow side.
Shoot Straight
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

I thank our God that you are able to talk about those scars. And I doubt if Jessie Owen could out run a determined griz.
Lee Stone
Omak Cowboy

bate

Post by Omak Cowboy »

My grandfather lived in Salmon Arm, BC in the 20s and some of the 30s working as a lumberjack and trapper. On the rare occasions he spoke to me- he didn't think children should be spoken to - he told me he hated bears and to never approach one if I shot it as they could play possum and would kill me if I got close enough.
Ive eaten the damed things but I was pretty hungery and there wasn't much else.
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
Bearbait2

Post by Bearbait2 »

Omak Cowboy,
Actually, for our taste, Grizz makes into excellent pepperoni. This little adventure started out with a cellphone call from a neighbor who had wounded a little ol' seven footer that had been giving him some problems around his place. As he has a bad heart, someone else had to sort things out. Some days are like that.
Shoot Straight