Timing of a Quigley?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

buffalocannon

Re: Timing of a Quigley?

Post by buffalocannon »

Mr. Losttrail - Yes, as the fella said, get what you really want, what your heart tells you to get. But, in a 110, that stock on the Quigley can beat you to death. I had a buddy with one and shot it many times, that is as long as I could stand it. He started loading his way down to manage recoil. With a shotgun butt, the 110 is much more manageable. I would also recommend, as the other fella did, that you use Mr. Goodman to make your purchase. For what you will end up spending, he is well worth the few extra dollars to get your gun a little faster. But, do what your heart tells you to do and get what you really want.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yup weather and cows have not been cooperating on the 1st weekend in May.. :? :?
We had everything packed and ready to go this past year, all we had to do was go feed the cows,,,, that's when we found the dead month old calf... Figured we best stick around and see if it was just something with that one , or was it going to be a whole big calf doctoring adventure..
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Don McDowell wrote:Yup weather and cows have not been cooperating on the 1st weekend in May.. :? :?
We had everything packed and ready to go this past year, all we had to do was go feed the cows,,,, that's when we found the dead month old calf... Figured we best stick around and see if it was just something with that one , or was it going to be a whole big calf doctoring adventure..
Did you ever find out what happened to the calf?
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Nope not for sure, and he was the only one that didn't make it to weaning time this fall...
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

THX-that unknown would be hard to put out of your mind and shoot well.
Gary
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well not only that , had it of been something serious going thru the herd it could of meant bankruptcy for sure..
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Don McDowell wrote:Well not only that , had it of been something serious going thru the herd it could of meant bankruptcy for sure..
Last thing you need is BK--
YOU have to many rifles to support. :lol: :P
Hope you have a good year with the cattle :!:
Gary
newshooter

Post by newshooter »

[quote="buffalocannon"]Mr. Losttrail - Yes, as the fella said, get what you really want, what your heart tells you to get. But, in a 110, that stock on the Quigley can beat you to death. I had a buddy with one and shot it many times, that is as long as I could stand it. He started loading his way down to manage recoil. With a shotgun butt, the 110 is much more manageable. I would also recommend, as the other fella did, that you use Mr. Goodman to make your purchase. For what you will end up spending, he is well worth the few extra dollars to get your gun a little faster. But, do what your heart tells you to do and get what you really want.[/quote]
Is the recoil more manageable if you're in a sitting/ standing position than if you're lying prone?
bobw

Post by bobw »

newshooter how and what you use it for is a big decider on what to get. If you want to spend a lot of your time shooting LR with a 45-2 7/8 get a pistol grip stock, it gets tough to keep your face on the stock with 200 minutes on the sight. the military butt does not do this well. If your mostly shooting under 500 yds the sight is never real hi so it would work but is still not managing the recoil as good as it could be. A lot depends on how you are built as to what fits best. good luck bobw
bobw
Flintlock Hokie

Post by Flintlock Hokie »

I ordered mine on Jan 8, 2014. Got notification for final payment on Aug 15, 2015. That's 1 year, 7 months. They said a Quigley usually takes 5 months.
Steve crawford

Post by Steve crawford »

My recently received #1 Sporter took 26 months. You are lucky. Mine did have a few extras. :D :D :D

Steve
NRA Life Member TSRA Life Member
Shiloh #1 Sporter 40-2.1 Remington Rollingblock #1 40-2.1