Shiloh's Antique finish

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

johnl

Shiloh's Antique finish

Post by johnl »

Gents

My next Sharps will be for hunting. Here on the wet coast of British Columbia the weather and trees would be murder on my extra Fancy AAA #1 Sporter, so I'm looking at a Saddle rifle, in something more practical finish for out in the elements. Does anyone have a picture they wouldn't mind sharing of a " Antiqued" finish on their Shiloh. It doesn't look like a popular option since I'm having a hard time seeing one online. Also Shiloh offers the finish in light, moderate and heavy. I like the look of the Quigley, Mr selleck used in his movie. Thanks
trapper

Re: Shiloh's Antique finish

Post by trapper »

Here is mine, Heavy antiqued.
Trapper
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
trapper

Post by trapper »

Here is a little better picture.
Trapper
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
johnl

Post by johnl »

Trapper, your gun looks great. Looks like the wood didn't receive the same treatment. Thanks for the pic.
CBarnard

Post by CBarnard »

John, did you get the photos that I e-mailed?
Cheers,
Chris 8)
supersubes

Post by supersubes »

I always thought the antique finish looked really nice. I just couldn't get over having a fancy rifle built and then paying the maker to beat it up. I have no problem whatsoever buying a fancy rifle and letting the trees, rain, blood, and dirty hands do the antiquing for me, all the while saving me $350 bucks. Think about it, you'll pay for antiquing, and then it will just get more antiqued with use. That $350 is better kept in your pocket.
johnl

Post by johnl »

supersubes wrote:I always thought the antique finish looked really nice. I just couldn't get over having a fancy rifle built and then paying the maker to beat it up. I have no problem whatsoever buying a fancy rifle and letting the trees, rain, blood, and dirty hands do the antiquing for me, all the while saving me $350 bucks. Think about it, you'll pay for antiquing, and then it will just get more antiqued with use. That $350 is better kept in your pocket.

I hear what you guys are saying and have reconsidered this option. For $300 I can have the hard pack charcoal bone finish over the standard and just have the rifle wear naturally.