Lock fly worn.

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

LHuck

Lock fly worn.

Post by LHuck »

The lock fly on my Shiloh saddle rifle is worn and doesn't let the hammer go into half cock sometimes. On occasion it will not let the hammer drop all the way. I can see where it is worn on one side pretty good. Can I purchase a new fly and install it myself? Thanks.
LHuck

Re: Lock fly worn.

Post by LHuck »

I think I may need a new sear also since it and the fly work in conjunction. It looks a little worn where it engages the fly.
lrb

Post by lrb »

Yes, but it would be best to send the lock back to Shiloh, assuming it is a Shiloh. In replacing the sear, the angle of the face may need adjustment in order to be squared to the tumbler notch properly. It would seem from what you say that these parts were a tad soft, and Shiloh could check for any other possible problems while they have it.
LHuck

Post by LHuck »

So if I understand correctly I can send just the lock to Shiloh and not have to send the complete rifle. Does anyone know what the turn around time for something like this might be?
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Call Shiloh and ask them. They are the only ones who can tell you exactly what you need to do and how long it will take.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

That would be the best deal, send me the lock and I will go through it.

Kirk,
LHuck

Post by LHuck »

I put it in the mail to Shiloh today.
LHuck

Post by LHuck »

Just had a phone call from Shiloh. They have repaired my lock and are putting it in the mail. It needed both a fly and sear. I should hopefully have it by this weekend. :D Great folks there and their customer service is top shelf as I am sure most of you Shiloh owners already know. It is a pleasure doing business with good folks. :) :) :)