Thanks!

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Clarence

Thanks!

Post by Clarence »

Just a note of thanks for the great folks at Shiloh!

While shooting the SE Regional, shooting my Shiloh .40-65 (made in 1996), I had just started my record string at 200 yd. on the second day. My second shot went "click", I verified a very light hit, tried again withe same result, and called for an alibi, assuming I had broken a firing pin. When I pulled the breech block and slid back the dovetailed cover, I saw that the transfer bar had broken. Charles Outler (CO) offered the use of his Shiloh, but, since I had already begun my record string, I opted, with his consensus, to remove the transfer bar and use it in my rifle for the weekend. I got back on the line and shot a 100-4x, and don't think I even took extra time.

On Monday, I called Shiloh, and the new transfer bar (and a new firing pin) are now installed in my rifle!

Thanks for the great service! And thanks to Charles for the loan!
FFG

Re: Thanks!

Post by FFG »

Dang you're rough on the hardware Clarence .
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

John,

First part failure other than one lever spring, in over 16,000 rounds in 6 Shiloh rifles, in 28 years. Back in business in 10 minutes with a borrowed spare, and replacement part in time for the next match. I'd say that's a pretty good record. You could be so lucky as to shoot your Shilohs that much. :D

Clarence
FFG

Post by FFG »

Ain't that the truth !
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

SOP for the Shiloh crew.
Never broke a t'bar. Have broken a couple of firing pin tips and lever springs over the years.
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"