rear site

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

catmeer

rear site

Post by catmeer »

Can anyone give me any info on this? A friend has it and I am not sure if it is a partial or complete rear site. Just behind the trigger on the wrist and height is adjustable. On an old percussion single shot. thanks

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Orville

Re: rear site

Post by Orville »

It is for raising and lowering a scope, rear mount for the scope. I looked at a Billinghurst slug gun this last week end in Denver with that set up.
Charter Member O-G-A-N-T

Shooting grease groove bullets in a sharps is new technology and just a passing fad.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Like this one I think?

This is from a Billinghurst picket gun I was looking at a while ago. It has a really nice Malcolm scope on it.

Chris.
catmeer

Post by catmeer »

There is a not a third of the way up the barrel but we thought it was for a missing rear site. Would you mind posting a few more pictures please, it just might answer a few questions. Thank you. Gorgeous rifle (so far) by the way, what cal? In fact could you show that puppy off?
catmeer

Post by catmeer »

Correction: there is a "notch" one third...
Vern

Post by Vern »

In the Summer 2007 Issue#58 of the Black Powder Cartridge news there is an article on slug rifles.there is a picture of a slug rifle tang sight and your picture looks like the sight only with the eye piece missing.
catmeer

Post by catmeer »

My luck, out of print.