Mounts

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ChrisF

Mounts

Post by ChrisF »

When mounting a scope on a Shiloh can you use the front dovetail for the front mount and the rear dovetail for the rear mount? Or must the barrel be tapped? It is on a 34" heavy octagon barrel and it would be a MVA scope and mounts?
johnl

Re: Mounts

Post by johnl »

Check out MVA website. Length of scope determines spacing. Full length is as you say dovetail only, other lengths will require drill and tapping for blocks. Good luck.
wyoduster

Post by wyoduster »

I do have one of my Shiloh's with a full length scope(a RKO ?) ....and its mounted into the dovetail on the end of the barrel. I had one on another Shiloh once (a leatherwood/malcolm) and it was mounted on the front dovetail and rear sight screw holes.
But my MVA's are all in tapped holes on the barrels.
wyoduster

Post by wyoduster »

I do have one of my Shiloh's with a full length scope(a RKO ?) ....and its mounted into the dovetail on the end of the barrel. I had one on another Shiloh once (a leatherwood/malcolm) and it was mounted on the front dovetail and rear sight screw holes.
But my MVA's are all in tapped holes on the barrels.
march41

Post by march41 »

Chris look at the pics johnl posted on this site (shooter to shooter ).They are mounted in std dovetail cuts on my 30" Shiloh I think you saw it at Atglen.My 32"LRE has a 28"MVA mounted on drill and tap blocks.I have a Bull 30" ordered and am getting both dovetails cut to use my MVA full length on it.Bob.