Steel cleaning rod muzzle guard

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

HarryH

Re: Steel cleaning rod muzzle guard

Post by HarryH »

Since I bought my new Sharps Hartford 45-70 from Shiloh about a month ago, I have spoken several times with Brooke and others at the Shiloh factory.

They all have been extremely helpful and very courteous. Dealing with the Shiloh folks has been a very pleasant and enjoyable experience.

Plus, I now have the satisfaction that I bought an American product made by American workers from an American factory. This is becoming more and more important to me.

Sometime in the next few months I'm going to ride my American-made Harley from my home in Colorado to visit the American Shiloh factory in Big Timber Montana to observe the American craftsmanships that re-creates an American legend.

Cheers
Harry
If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth. Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
President Ronald Reagan
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Harry-Bring several large bags of M&M's to the Shiloh crew, and they will adopt you. :P
Just toss'em up on the counter and stand back. :shock:
Trust me on this- :wink: :lol:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
HarryH

Post by HarryH »

OK ...... M&M's it will be ...... assuming I won't eat them myself before I get there .... LOL ....
If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth. Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
President Ronald Reagan
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

There's a gas station just down the street from Shiloh called 'The Fort', it's worth a visit also. :wink:
Your visit to Shiloh will be something you'll never forget :!:
Gary
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

Gary you are very correct, M&M's are always a safe bet :D
Dan
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

Lumpy Grits wrote:Brooke-So, what's so wrong with Windex(w/vinegar)or soap and water or a brush :?:
You'll be very surprised what the championship shooters use. :lol: :roll:
BTW-I use cotton 'balls'. :P
Gary

Let me introduce to you Brooke who has been with us for over 2 years! She was kindly answering a simple question and her answer is based on what Kirk and I have instructed and taught her about helping guys start out the right way. We don't recommend using brass or steel brushes to clean with and what the "Championship Shooters" do for cleaning is their own deal. Again, Brooke was just trying to help someone with a simple question. So if anyone see's her answering questions on the forum while Kirk and I are away then give her the respect she deserves. :D :D
march41

Post by march41 »

DO NOT! mess with Brooke,Final warning,Bob.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Lucinda wrote:
Lumpy Grits wrote:Brooke-So, what's so wrong with Windex(w/vinegar)or soap and water or a brush :?:
You'll be very surprised what the championship shooters use. :lol: :roll:
BTW-I use cotton 'balls'. :P
Gary

Let me introduce to you Brooke who has been with us for over 2 years! She was kindly answering a simple question and her answer is based on what Kirk and I have instructed and taught her about helping guys start out the right way. We don't recommend using brass or steel brushes to clean with and what the "Championship Shooters" do for cleaning is their own deal. Again, Brooke was just trying to help someone with a simple question. So if anyone see's her answering questions on the forum while Kirk and I are away then give her the respect she deserves. :D :D
I'll bring her, her own bag of M&M's to make amends. :P
Respectfully,
Gary
battleship gunner

Post by battleship gunner »

What I found refreshing here was that a couple people disagreed but were respectful and courteous to each others unlike on a few other threads. See you can disagree and still be civil. Keep up the good work.

Frank

My long distance provider is Sharps.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Lumpy Grits wrote:Does this mean that more M&Ms are required when visiting Shiloh :?: :lol: :P
Gary
Yeah she does Lump, and she likes the exotic ones. I took a bag of the Halloween ones when I got my MR on 11/2/15, I'm not sure she shared them with Lucinda or Phyllis and she is very knowledgeable. bobw
bobw
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

bobw wrote:
Lumpy Grits wrote:Does this mean that more M&Ms are required when visiting Shiloh :?: :lol: :P
Gary
Yeah she does Lump, and she likes the exotic ones. I took a bag of the Halloween ones when I got my MR on 11/2/15, I'm not sure she shared them with Lucinda or Phyllis and she is very knowledgeable. bobw
THX for the 'heads-up'. :lol:
Gary
CharlieBison

Post by CharlieBison »

Question, then. I have always used a brass brush. If it is best to not use a brass brush, and I happen to get some leading, what is the best way to remove? I have tried many a time to remove lead with just a cotton swab/patch, and it just ain't working--no matter the solvent.
march41

Post by march41 »

Lumpy gary,they have M&Ms in case lots,they will fit in a small flat rate box.Might be a good idea when heading east to MT.(Just kidding)Bob. :roll:
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

CharlieBison,

I would never use a metal brush in any barrel that I enjoyed shooting.

To remove lead from the bore, I like pure gum turpentine on a tightly patched jag.
Denatured alcohol works also, but I get the best results with turpentine.

Keep on hav'n fun!
MikeT
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Yes, there is a Brooke at Shiloh. She has been helping me with my set trigger while Kirk has been at the NRA show. She seems very competent and well trained.
Absolutely - Brooke has provided great help to me on all kinds of questions from the first time I called and ordered my first Shiloh. She is one of the reasons Shiloh is the company that it is.