1877 Updates

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Doug

Re: 1877 Updates

Post by Doug »

msuttonrn wrote:That has to be wood from Cecil. Would not consider buying from anyone else.
You got it....
craigos

Post by craigos »

wo hoo .. first news i have heard on the 1877 for a while. Need to give Bill a call ...
Beruisis

Post by Beruisis »

+1 for Cecil F.
craigos

Post by craigos »

I seen on Goodwins sight he said he should see the first ones in 5.5 months ....
CharlieBison

Post by CharlieBison »

Doug wrote:
msuttonrn wrote:That has to be wood from Cecil. Would not consider buying from anyone else.
You got it....
Excuse my ignorance, but who is Cecil and will Shiloh build a stock for an ordered rifle out of the wood you send them?
CharlieBison

Post by CharlieBison »

Doug wrote:
You got it....
Excuse my ignorance, but who is Cecil and will Shiloh build a stock for an ordered rifle out of the wood you send them?
BFD

Post by BFD »

Cecil is Cecil Fredi of Las Vegas. He is a very very well known supplier of wood to the custom gun market. I've got a couple of $400 blanks from him that I think are spectacular. He's a great guy to work with and has been in the business a long time.

I don't know what Shiloh will do for wood, but I have heard of them using a customer supplied blank once or twice. As for the mythical 77's, they would look good in English, if they ever come into existence.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Ain't anything mythical about them, your remark, uninformed as it is, is absolutely idiotic, I saw them,was in the shop In Sept, carts full of actions, blocks, parts barrels done, waiting on the wood. As per Kirk Bryan, as he was standing right beside me. Now you can call me a liar, that is one thing, the president and CEO of Shiloh, maybe will garner you a trip, to fuck Offstan. Either you can't read, or choose to ignore my previous post on the subject, and are just attempting to stir the pot, if so maybe a one way ticket off this forum is indeed in order.

KW.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
BFD

Post by BFD »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote:Ain't anything mythical about them, your remark, uninformed as it is, is absolutely idiotic, I saw them,was in the shop In Sept, carts full of actions, blocks, parts barrels done, waiting on the wood. As per Kirk Bryan, as he was standing right beside me. Now you can call me a liar, that is one thing, the president and CEO of Shiloh, maybe will garner you a trip, to fuck Offstan. Either you can't read, or choose to ignore my previous post on the subject, and are just attempting to stir the pot, if so maybe a one way ticket off this forum is indeed in order.

KW.
Another classic rant Kenny. You aren't prone to overreaction are you... :lol:

I sure hope your holidays are happier than this weekend has been for you.

Merry Christmas...
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Just when I was starting to nod off reading about bullet flight, alloy, diameter and all the usual HP BS, the site came back to life. Welcome back Kenny!
Beruisis

Post by Beruisis »

BFD, things can go awry when people go off their meds.
Beruisis
BFD

Post by BFD »

Beruisis wrote:BFD, things can go awry when people go off their meds.
Beruisis
Perhaps that's the explanation. I didn't think of that...
Eric Johanen

Post by Eric Johanen »

This is good news for me as I have a 77 on order. Do not know if I'm in the first run but hope so. I just received my Hartford 44-77 last week so things seem to be coming together. I should give them a call as I do have a spectacular English walnut blank just waiting for a suitable gun to put it on.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Well, a 77 would certainly be appropriate. Better hurry with that call.
Brent