Stock checkering after the fact.

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

johnl

Stock checkering after the fact.

Post by johnl »

Gents

I have a nice #1 Sporter I bought off the rack from Shiloh when I was there in 2012. I'm thinking of having the buttstock checkered. If I lived in the US I would simply send it back to Big Timber for the work, however being in Canada I'm looking for someone closer to home. Any of you folks had your wood worked by someone other than Shiloh and are happy with the results? Thanks.
Lumpy Grits

Re: Stock checkering after the fact.

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Can you send just the buttstock to Shiloh without hassle from gun laws?
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
johnl

Post by johnl »

Lumpy Grits wrote:Can you send just the buttstock to Shiloh without hassle from gun laws?
Gary

Lump

Probably, but I'm worried about it getting lost or even worse, fondled and drop by customs at the border. I'll ask Lucinda if she ever had customers send them to Shiloh from here in the past. And Gary, get your camera ready, my #1 16lb is at the FFL and in the process of being imported. Remember I'll show you mine if you show me yours :lol:
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

I have a Shiloh, delivered in 1996, and decided to have it checkered. After a SE Regional Match a couple of years ago, I dropped it off with Tim Smith-Lyon, with photos of the checkering on my .45-70 for him to duplicate. I had the stock back within a couple of months, and the work is first quality.

Clarence