Montana Centennial rifle

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

firefighter1990

Montana Centennial rifle

Post by firefighter1990 »

I was hoping some of you Shiloh historians could help out with some of the details about this line of commemorative rifles. My acquired example is a big timber gun of a very low serial number that doesn't have the "B" prefix or suffix to it. Additionally: the barrel is free of the the "old reliable." which I assume is representative of the split with c sharps. I assume it was made in 1989 in order to be a centennial but is this still a pre-Bryan gun?
The bottom of the action has the initials "MH" as to who engraved it.

So my questions are; who was the engraving artist? What year did the Bryan's starts production? How many of these Montana centennial were made?
bobw

Re: Montana Centennial rifle

Post by bobw »

My 40-70 2.1" a 1987 rifle has a Shiloh marked receiver , Shiloh marked barrel and the (Old Reliable) trademark 79xx serial. I would be interested in a Mt Centennial Model if a Creedmoor version. Send me a pm. bobw
bobw
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

We started in 1991 with B0001.
MH is for Mark Hoechst, who lives in Bismark N.D.
He also engraved for us until it got to hectic with his real job and just couldn't keep up, and that's when Suzie Bradly who was retired stepped in.
As far as how many were made, I don't have the slightest idea, there wasn't very good track kept when Wolf was at it.
Kirk,
firefighter1990

Post by firefighter1990 »

Just what I needed to know. Thank you!