Rifle

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Re: Rifle

Post by Glen Ring »

Chris f continue to ask...lots of folks will help you. We have two Japanese made 22 1885 rifles. they shot pretty good with factory barrels, but we had DZ arms re barrel, them with shilen barrels. Ours shoot RWS r-50 and r-100 very well. We have scopes on our because we re old. Continue to ask questions on this forum..NO MATTER WHAT!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Steve Sudbeck

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

ChrisF, This question on “Support”????? Have you completely lost your mind man! I don’t know about the rest of you, but I ain’t waiten’ for the Sheriff. That’s it, get he’s hands tied behind his back! Get ‘em up on his horse! Somebody get a rope.....!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Chris it probably wouldn't be much different than the one you've been shooting for several years. Get a trigger job done on it, and start going thru different brands of ammo to find the one this "new" rifle shoots the best.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Done asking questions here
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Chris
I shoot with Dan Zimmerman of DZ arms. He builds high dollar , custom made Hepburns...but he takes the time to answer all my " dumb" questions about Black powder shooting and BP rifles. I have one original 1885 Winchester and three Japanese made Winchesters and he helps me with all four..

I had a problem putting my original back together the other day and humbly took it to Dan for help...the simple extractor placement on reassembly had me stumped and it was a very simple fix I should have been able to figure out. I felt stupid and told Dan I must have been a dumbass. His response .." You don't know that, you've never been shown that and now you know.' What a nice guy!! I didn't take up BPCR until age 60..two years ago. I am not new to firearms...I have competed with handguns for decades and was a certified armorer for many guns..even HK MP5 sub machine guns...but sometimes I need help and I ask. Helpful people , and there are MANY that read these forums, will help you. Remember what teachers told us in grade school...the only dumb question is the one you Don't ask.

Please look at my profile, copy my personal e-mail and I'll forward ANY questions you have to Dan. He's always very helpful and promotes shooting.
I have never found a more helpful person with GOOD shooting tips than Brian Chilson...he's a winner and EXTREMELY helpful.

The shooting sports thrive when folks see how we HELP one another.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Glen,

I have several years of history with Chris, and have helped him many times. All of which you are completely unaware of. :lol:

He asks, you answer, in a few months he will ask the exact same thing again.

This forum is for support on one’s Shiloh, not jap Chester’s.

Shooter to shooter would be the appropriate place to ask such questions, this particular forum is to ask Shiloh about Shilohs. Or did that completely escape you also. :roll:

Have fun with your new buddy Chris.

Kenny W.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Kenny
I was unaware you were a forum moderator..Are you?
I am not aware of any of your history...only what you put into print.
I will help anyone I can.
Kenny Wasserburger

Thanks for the PM Glen.

“Man...you come across like a real asshole on these forums. WTF dude?”

Take a hard look at your statement to me, look back at your posts to Don McDowell. :oops:
I would say, that pretty well sums up your actions on this forum.

BTW my name isn’t Dude.

Kenny Wasserburger

Little FYI, mr retired cop. Being Intimidated isn’t in my personal makeup.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I talk to all my " friends" the same way...male or female. I come from a very action oriented background...I'm sorry if my language offended you in the personal message. If you ever walk up on my bud Pearl and I talking, you'd understand...we kind of folks have a different language and even the tinest, youngest first res ponders that are my buds talk to me that way and I to them... It's what I have grown up with...I'll use my "other" language with you in the future.

Now we should become better strangers lest I offend thee any further.
Kenny Wasserburger

Glen,

I come from a very old Wyoming ranching family. On my mother’s side my great grandfather came to Niobrara county in 1881, after 50 head of stolen horses. From the area around fort Robinson where the Wasserburgers ranched. His name was CR Zerbst, often called Dick Zerbst. He killed the 2 men that took them and stayed, homesteaded. My dad’s side ranched in the very corner of nw Nebraska, the battle of Warbonnet Creek happened there 1876 6 weeks or so after the Custer fight. My grandfather Wasserburger homestead here in 1916. Both of my great grandfathers were cutting timber near Deadwood SD at the time of the Warbonnet Fight. Buffalo Bill killed a Cheyenne war Chief there about 250 yards from where my Great grandfather is buried today. Place called Montrose. Btw my cousin Jacob Wasserburger still owns and runs that ranch. There is a small cemetery and church there, it’s a beautiful place.

I was raised on a working cattle ranch, it still is run by my father. I am occasionally required to go down and run that ranch when my dad was laid up two winters in row with knee replacements. I strayed away at 14 to the oil patch for the money, yet still worked on our ranch as needed. My dad did also at times when cattle prices sucked.

Being called a Dude here, is about as insulting as it gets to someone with my background.

When not in the patch at 14 I was working 3 large sale rings, for Henry and Martin Wasserburger, from Harrison Neb to Douglas Wy. Working cattle, at 16, I was working nights loading out cattle after the sales as night watchman, with a lever action rifle as my only companion. My dad got me a handgun at 18. And millions of dollars of cattle, all alone, trusted by family. The saddle I rode as a young man is a Ham, not a Hamley. Made in the early 1870’s made in Dodge City. It was my great grandfather’s my grandfather’s and my Dad’s saddle then mine to use. My headsthall and bit are US Cavalry marked, probably from the 5th as they were stationed at Ft Robinson. We still have the saddle and headstall. I have wrestled calves on my Great grandfather Dick’s ranch at branding time, under the watchful eye of my Grandfather Bill Zerbst. Rode that country horseback as a kid gathering.

Yeah,

I am no fucking Dude.

KW.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Once again i am sorry if I offended you..that was a message from one friend to another. That's the way i talk to my fiends to see if anything is bothering them. I will never talk to you again on this forum or in person ...No matter how good my intentions are it seems, these days, some folks just get offended. If you see me cutting up with my female bud Pearl this summer , you might want to stear clear ..we may be laughing at my story of picking up a severed human head or decapitated human leg. Your family story sounds great. My grandfather was born in 1875, my father in 1920 and both were fighters. My father was in and out of prison for my entire life. He shot and knifed a few folks, so i don't have that romantic background that you do.. Maybe that's the reason i became a Peace keeper. Good luck in life, I wish you all the best . I hope you reach all your future goals. and now...we shall become better strangers.
rdnck

Post by rdnck »

Glen--the Shiloh forum is a good place to expose your ignorance, as you continue to find out. I will, however, give you an honest tip. You need to get one of your expert friends to show you how to load your 40-65. rdnck
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I agree with you Bill 100% ..
I think I have the loading thing down now with pyrodex. After our BPCR Silhouette regional some guys wnated to know what load I used.. The rule I use for advice is if you beat me in the match i want to pick your brain on several things...If I beat you then its negative on advice. I did pretty good at the regional. calling the line, running the machines and shooting. You should have came. We had several Texas shooters and they had a GREAT time. We had Wayne Mclerran, Vance Belleau, Bryan Rosenbaughm...good shooters who will love coming back.

Come shoot our match..If you beat me I'll surely be picking your brain. If I beat you I'll show you the virtues of pyrodex.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Sounds like a challenge there. I might come just to see that.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

This sight is for SUPPORT! not bitchen..hear your own words! :lol: