Rifle

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ChrisF

Re: Rifle

Post by ChrisF »

Won’t ever ask anything again. I don’t know everything and don’t pretend to.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Kirk should make this a sticky in big bright capital letters

by Kirk » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:08 am
ROBERT,
When you call, please ask for me and I will tell you how to put a lever spring in properly!!!!

Thanks to everyone else for all of the helpful tips, but the support page is for just that support!!!
The other pages are for everyone to have a group discussion about their shooting issues.
I don't have time to read through everybody's guesses to try to give the guy an answer to his original question.
After I get a chance to answer right away, then everyone else is more than welcome to chime in.

Thank You,
Kirk,

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26675
Lot of guilty posters. No Need to rag on just one guy.
Glad I read it before I posted anything.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

See you!
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Glen Ring wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:07 pm
Come shoot our match..If you beat me I'll surely be picking your brain.
I shot your match, beat you, your never picked my brain.
I’m hurt. Of course my PPB probably intimidated you and you was scared to ask.
I guess you did rake the chicken berm so it’s ok.

Kevin
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:33 pm Glen,

I come from a very old Wyoming ranching family. On my mother’s side my great grandfather came to Niobrara county in 1881, after 50 head of stolen horses. From the area around fort Robinson where the Wasserburgers ranched. His name was CR Zerbst, often called Dick Zerbst. He killed the 2 men that took them and stayed, homesteaded. My dad’s side ranched in the very corner of nw Nebraska, the battle of Warbonnet Creek happened there 1876 6 weeks or so after the Custer fight. My grandfather Wasserburger homestead here in 1916. Both of my great grandfathers were cutting timber near Deadwood SD at the time of the Warbonnet Fight. Buffalo Bill killed a Cheyenne war Chief there about 250 yards from where my Great grandfather is buried today. Place called Montrose. Btw my cousin Jacob Wasserburger still owns and runs that ranch. There is a small cemetery and church there, it’s a beautiful place.

I was raised on a working cattle ranch, it still is run by my father. I am occasionally required to go down and run that ranch when my dad was laid up two winters in row with knee replacements. I strayed away at 14 to the oil patch for the money, yet still worked on our ranch as needed. My dad did also at times when cattle prices sucked.

Being called a Dude here, is about as insulting as it gets to someone with my background.

When not in the patch at 14 I was working 3 large sale rings, for Henry and Martin Wasserburger, from Harrison Neb to Douglas Wy. Working cattle, at 16, I was working nights loading out cattle after the sales as night watchman, with a lever action rifle as my only companion. My dad got me a handgun at 18. And millions of dollars of cattle, all alone, trusted by family. The saddle I rode as a young man is a Ham, not a Hamley. Made in the early 1870’s made in Dodge City. It was my great grandfather’s my grandfather’s and my Dad’s saddle then mine to use. My headsthall and bit are US Cavalry marked, probably from the 5th as they were stationed at Ft Robinson. We still have the saddle and headstall. I have wrestled calves on my Great grandfather Dick’s ranch at branding time, under the watchful eye of my Grandfather Bill Zerbst. Rode that country horseback as a kid gathering.

Yeah,

I am no fucking Dude.

KW.
Not that KW is needing any help here, is last sentence pretty well sums it up.
Glenn, the term dude was used in the old west to mean a city person who moved to the west without actually knowing what he was doing. Synonymous with “city-slicker”, so it’s taken as an insult, not that your intent was to insult him. With you and your background “dude” seems appropriate for you to say to people.
I also don’t not like the term, also raised on a working farm with cattle in Missouri, but It wouldn’t offend me, knowing that your intent wasn’t meant as such.

Let’s just have fun and shoot matches together.

Kevin
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Kevin I was going to pick your brain about paper patching but I was a little busy trying to run that match..it was a good match i think. You only beat me by one animal . You dudes be cool today!! Yep I said dude... I'm off to shoot a rifle match put on by one cool dude. xoxoxoxoxxo

I love you all xoxo ( except that one guy who types curse words a lot ..he seems to be one angry dude!)
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
rdnck

Post by rdnck »

I think I'll stay away from the OKC matches. If I'm gonna be hugged on and kissed, it ain't gonna be by some dude trying to pass as a match director. rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Looks like Rdnck's got things figured out.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

I would say so.

I don’t suffer fools, idiots, or bullies.

I would still like to shoot Ok City someday, was on my bucket list. Maybe time to re-evaluate that list.

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
robert1

Post by robert1 »

I don't know why Kirk allows posts like this one to keep going. Can't be good for business. Anybody new to Shiloh's, or thinking of buying one came here and read all that bullshit, maybe some would never come back.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

On the Shiloh Forum a sense of humor is not required, however, it will prove beneficial more times than not. Most of us ARE human.
Soooo...just when someone thinks they are being taken as dead serious, there is always the possibility they are being laughed at. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moreover, if someone wants to be offended by something written here, who can stop them? If it is truly offensive that is one thing, if it is wholly not the truth that is quite another matter. Honestly stating your view, whether wholly emotional and devoid of fact or not, falls with the freedoms guaranteed by the first amendment. It is up to the individual to classify the information presented.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

very cryptic zack.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

It is an American thing Bruce. Wish you were here to assimilate into it.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

crypticism is American, and cynicism is more of an australian thing.
forgiveness and love of your neighbour is apparently a Christian thing.
and "vengeance is mine", sayeth the lord.
somewhere into all this fits the good Samaritan and the whipping of the pharasees.
we all have our little foibles.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

robert1 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:37 pm I don't know why Kirk allows posts like this one to keep going. Can't be good for business. Anybody new to Shiloh's, or thinking of buying one came here and read all that bullshit, maybe some would never come back.
So you are asking for censorship? The problem with that is that it doesn't always go your way. I prefer free speech and I applaud Kirk and Lucinda for allowing that. Anyone can say anything they want without fear of being censored. Now, as you know, freedom comes with responsibility.

Curbing one's statements for fear of offending someone is part of the reason why our country is in the shape it's in. Political correctness is a bunch of BS. There are lots of new guys that read all this and are still interested. I was one not long ago and have always appreciated the opinions and information provided. I have also always found it quite entertaining. The other thing I am amazed at is a lot of you critics think this subject or forum is the only one that gets a little cranky. ANY of the other interests have just as heated debates, often much more. I have seen some horrible crap throwing between sewing groups, cheese making, soap making, etc. The big difference is that in ours all of us are real people with real interests and our words and credibility are backed up by what happens on the shooting ranges. So many of the other interests are dominated by people that make sure they are never met.
take care, Cody