Farmingdale re-barrel

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

VectorMan

Farmingdale re-barrel

Post by VectorMan »

I would like to update the breech block and have a bull barrel installed on my Farmingdale Shiloh.
Can Kirk put a 16 twist heavy bull barrel in 44-90 Straight on it?
I would like to know the approximate cost for the new block and barrel, and the time frame that it would require Shiloh to do it.

Thanks
KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
pacecars

Re: Farmingdale re-barrel

Post by pacecars »

I would call them Monday morning and get the quick answer. They have always been very helpful to me when I call
Real gun powder is black.
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

pacecars wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 am I would call them Monday morning and get the quick answer. They have always been very helpful to me when I call
That’d be nice if I didn’t work.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

We don't do a 1x16 44, I would have to get a Krieger or some one that uses a large enough piece of steel. Also, I'm not familiar with a 44-90 straight, so I don't have a reamer for it. I am willing to work with ya and try to make it happen for you.

Kirk,
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Kirk wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:38 pm We don't do a 1x16 44, I would have to get a Krieger or some one that uses a large enough piece of steel. Also, I'm not familiar with a 44-90 straight, so I don't have a reamer for it. I am willing to work with ya and try to make it happen for you.

Kirk,
I’m either wanting that or a very heavy bull barrel in 45-70. I just got too many in 45-70, but not a bull barrel.
Hopefully send you the gun this winter with the details. Something for the Tollifson class if I ever get into BPTR.

Thanks for the reply Kirk.