Rifle Information

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Clayguy

Rifle Information

Post by Clayguy »

I recently purchased a Shiloh Sharps 1874 rifle in 45/70 from a private party. The Sharps appears to have never been fired and is in pristine condition, however, it came with no user manual or safety literature. The widow who owned the rifle knew nothing about it as it belonged to her, now deceased, husband. Is it possible to get some information on the rifle? Serial number: 43248. I would really like to know which Sharps model it is.
Wagonmaker

Re: Rifle Information

Post by Wagonmaker »

Delete. Stupit double post.
Last edited by Wagonmaker on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firearms technology was perfected in the 1870's, and it's been a slow downhill slide ever the advent of smokeless powder.
Wagonmaker

Post by Wagonmaker »

Is your serial 4324B, or 43248? With the B suffix, it’s probably late 1990’s. If it’s a Big Timber built rifle you can call for a factory letter search. I had one done years ago for my #1. Not sure what it costs nowadays but ten years ago I want to say it was $60 or something like that. You’ll get the model, and any upgrades specified.
Firearms technology was perfected in the 1870's, and it's been a slow downhill slide ever the advent of smokeless powder.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Call Shiloh :wink:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Clayguy

Post by Clayguy »

Good idea. And now that I've verified I misread the serial number, it should be easier!
Clayguy

Post by Clayguy »

Good idea. And now that I've verified I misread the serial number, it should be easier!