Adjusting trigger pull

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Re: Adjusting trigger pull

Post by mdeland »

Taking apart a Shiloh isn't any more complicated than any other 74 Sharps and there is no reason in the World that Clay can't learn how to do so safely ,with a little instruction, if he chooses. If he ever uses the gun for hunting and gets it good and wet ,which is a good possibility, the butt stock will have to come off long before it could be sent back to Big Timber, before damage would occur. He most certainly will have to remove the forearm sooner or later and he will have to learn to remove the side lock for cleaning and lubing. The trigger plate as well. Really it ain't rocket science as the saying goes.
He will need a proper set of screw driver bits to fit the screw slots well which is usually the first casualty in a bubba job.
And as for rollers , well either you like em or you don't but just remember there were ten of them made for every Sharps and they were just as accurate and reliable!
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Well here's one opinion for you Mike and it happens to belong to Kirk Bryan (do you know who he is?). He has said countless times, "if you take the butt stock off when it is wet you will never get it back on."

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Here we go again, I wish people would not comment on support till I get a chance to answer the person needing it, now this one is 2 pages long!!!!

Anyway, Clay guy, do not take your butt stock off, just call me.
Hopefully you get this message from me...

Kirk Bryan
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Hard to argue with that!
Clayguy

Post by Clayguy »

I've contacted the folks at Shiloh and will schedule an appointment and personally take my rifle to them and have their technicians do the work. Of course, under the current COVID19 situation that may be a few months down the road, as I'm not currently inclined to check into a hotel.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Clayguy, I sent you a message

Kirk