Bullet Sizing for GG 45/90

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gunlaker

Re: Bullet Sizing for GG 45/90

Post by gunlaker »

Do you own any Shiloh Sharps rifles Mike?

Chris.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

No, don't care for the design, but it doesn't make any difference, I would treat it just the same as any other fine barrel I was making or ordering a custom mold for. All barrels have plus and minus tolerances that need to be known for the best bullet fit. You admitted that in your previous post. It just makes sense to slug or have it slugged and make an accurate measurement of the bore before hand.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

What sense does it make to have a high grade, close tolerance bore, than take a ho-hum approach to bullet fit?
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Listen to the owner of the company that makes those barrels. That have won a lot of matches.

In your hubris, you have MD, pardon the pun, become a real bore. The guy posted in support, he wasn’t soliciting your frankinsmithing opinion. He was asking Shiloh for help, and Kirk give him the answer, your sanctimonious opinion, wasn’t needed. Furthermore it wasn’t even helpful.

Stick to butchering Rolling blocks shooting smokeless and generally wasting more bandwidth on this site.

Without a special setup to measure the slug you are simply wasting time. You should be made to pay to replace a barrel for anyone that buggers up their barrel trying to slug it.

The funny part is you haven’t a clue. Since you dislike Sharps so much, why don’t you find another forum, and peddle your advice there.

You remind me of an allergic rash, mildly irritating, and won’t go away.

Kenny Wasserburger.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Truth irritates lots of folks but it's still the true! :lol:
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Besides, it's just what I do and believe is correct advice. It's another opinion and way of looking at the subject! Don't set your hair on fire over it! :D
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Oh, I should point out that when the term slug a bore is used, which is also easily and safely accomplished (lead slug bumped up) depending on application, I just as often measure it when making a Cerosafe chamber cast which is perfectly safe for anyone to do in the muzzle as well as chamber, if they follow the instructions.
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

MDE. What Kenny said. I had no idea you did not own a Shiloh Sharps - or any Sharps? Best wishes
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Why should that matter? The information I presented is correct about any gun.
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

all information is valuable, glean what helps you and disregard the rest art