Business Rifle

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

deepsouth

Business Rifle

Post by deepsouth »

Hello folks! I am finally getting close to being able to order my first rifle its been a long wait but it's so very close now. Im thinking about going through Mr Goodman and have been watching his website. I'm looking at getting a Business rifle in 45-70, 28 to 30in polished barrel, standard wood, steel shotgun butt plate and would like a single trigger. This will be for deer hunting. I'm not really into competitions or target shooting. I noticed on Mr Goodmans site that he said custom orders are welcome but at the same time he said that the round barrel business rifle is only made every few years. Does this mean that I would have to wait years for one through Mr Goodman or that he could have one to me in less time? Not real sure! Anybody know. Thanks!
charlie young

Re: Business Rifle

Post by charlie young »

Why would you not give Bill a call. Great guy to talk to.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Yup, talk to him.
deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

Just checking thought someone may know. Im calling him today. Thanks!
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

I got my .50-90 Business Rifle through Bill recently. He is a great guy to deal with. I have bought several new and used Shilohs from him and got the new ones a lot quicker. Depending on where in the line his orders are you may be able to make changes to it.
Real gun powder is black.
deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

Thank you for replying to my post Pacecars. I talked to Mr Goodman and he explained to me that Business rifle will not be produced for quite awhile, something to do with them being round barreled. So I will now try to come up with another rifle to order..
Crash Landing

Post by Crash Landing »

deepsouth
As you found out Business rifles won't be made for a while, have you considered a Shiloh 74 with standard weight, 28 inch octagon barrel? That model should give you about the same handling qualities as a Business rifle. Just sayin'.
Randy W
Luke

Post by Luke »

Maybe a half round? Those are in constant production. I was lucky, got a full round out of the last batch. As with the originals, the round barrels are not in much demand, so Shiloh runs them in batchs when they get enough orders. Those of us who have them love them, but most folks want the full/half octogons.
Limber Up!
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

I wonder if Kirk will be producing more round barrels since he opened up production on the 63 Carbine and Sporting rifle. Might want to give Shiloh a call and ask.
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

Im considering half and half barrel. Man its hard to come up with what you want. So many choices and alot of the rifles are so much alike. I'm not wanting anything to compete with ,not against competition just dont have time for it right now. Just want something to plink, tinker with, and hunt with. Thanks for the advice folks
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I love my 32” half and half I think it’s the best look for a fore arm with a schabel in lieu of the pewter
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

I have had my Business for 15 years, it’s in 45-110, 30 inch tube. An Ebony forearm tip. Thanks to Kirk, pack Hardened.

4 dead Buffalo in 6 shots, 3 shooters.. it kills extremely well, with PP loads as God intended.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
bobw

Post by bobw »

Business rifles are indeed made in production runs same as production runs of bull barrels. They can't feasibly mix them in with octagon barrels as it requires resetting their equipment up from one to the other which takes significant time. So they do them in runs. When they get close to having enough guns ordered for a production run Lucinda usually posts the run and a cut off date for those interested in a round barrel or a bull barrel. Call and ask politely for an estimate of the next run if she can give you one she will and you might get " I don't know". The half rd / half oct is an attractive way to go. With a double set trigger you don t have to set the rear to shoot the gun just cock the hammer and pull the frt trigger.
bobw
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

just get a plain jane roughrider art