Rifle Pickup?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bucksnort

Rifle Pickup?

Post by bucksnort »

Can I drive to Big Timber from WA and pick up my rifle when done? What is today's rules/regulations? Thanks.
bryany

Re: Rifle Pickup?

Post by bryany »

You'll want to call the office for that information but that's how I've got mine in the past.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

You will have to wait for background check. Probably go during week, not weekend. Maybe not Monday or Friday either. I had to wait all day when I picked up mine in 2000. But, I think I saw everything there was to see in Big Timber, a wonderful place. I even went down to the competitor's place. I wish at the time that I had purchased one of the original Sharps he had for sale. I got a tour of Shiloh, including the foundry. Great staff and great place.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Call Shiloh and ask.
Some can, some can't.
Depends on your state's laws.
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

I will call Shiloh before heading out on a road trip. Living in WA, its either a 2-day, or one LONG day on the road.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

If I remember right, out of state transfers can only be to people in "contiguous" states. If that is still so, then coming from Washington, across Idaho, to Montana wouldn't work. But they may have changed the regulations. Best to call Shiloh and talk to them.

George
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

I will do exactly that. My rifle will not be done for a while, seeing how I ordered it 2 weeks ago.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

That is scarey. Who knows what will happen through executive orders between now and then!!

George
Griff

Post by Griff »

My understanding is that it is legal to buy a shotgun or rifle (not a handgun) from an FFL in another state, as long as it would be legal for you to purchase in your state. I am also from Washington State and I'm hoping to pick up my rifle in Big Timber. The biggest risk that I see is an unforseen delay in the background check. I'm planning to take the risk just because it sounds like fun. I ordered it in person and I'd like to close the loop to pick it up in person.
Dangerous Freedom
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Yes, things may have changed in 21 years. I drove to Big Timber from Flagstaff, AZ. It must have been late March/early April?
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

I did with my first years ago. Last summer I met Bill Goodman with my most recent in a truck stop in Bozeman and he did the paper work right there. So I would say it shouldn't be a problem. The paper work is just the fed background check , 4473. If it were a hand gun or AR you would have it shipped to a local dealer in Wa. Required by the peoples republic of Wa and king Inslee!
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

No comment on king inslee. I've been thinking more and more about Bill Goodman. Round trip to BT would take 2-4 days (depending on delays). The money paid Bill would more than pay for the trip. I've been to Shiloh many years ago. It's a different thing if one has never bee out that way. Ed
OneLegGuy

Post by OneLegGuy »

I’m from WA and waiting to get the call from Bill when my rifle is ready. Hopefully in the next couple months. My plan was to drive out to him to pick it up then head to Shiloh to check it out. Hopefully it isn’t an issue to do that. I’ve never been to Montana so this would give me the excuse to finally do it.