Same question for Kirk

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SnuffySmith

Same question for Kirk

Post by SnuffySmith »

Kirk, failed to connect with you today. Tried calling as set up with front office at 3:00 pm, 4:00 your time, but no answer from office after numerous attempts. Every call went to message as if office was closed. I would like to get my gun working. Will miss a match this weekend. Frustrating.
BML

Re: Same question for Kirk

Post by BML »

I haven’t had luck getting ahold of Lucinda or Kirk by email or phone for the last week or so. Hope they’re okay.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Snuffy,

Take it to the match, there's probably a few people there who can fix it for you and if not you still get to watch and smell the black powder. Just sayin'

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
SnuffySmith

Post by SnuffySmith »

Thanks. A friend and fellow forum member convinced me that the problem should be easy to diagnose and fix. My apprehension of screwing something up on a brand new rifle was alleviated by his suggestion to disassemble my Italian copy. Great idea. I did and then disassembled the brand new Shiloh. The spring for the front trigger had come free. I loosened screw and realigned, tightened screw and it seems to be working. Not sure if problem may reappear. Hopefully my reassembly mimics factory specs and I didn’t over tighten any screws. Trigger spring doesn’t seems to have a lot of bearing surface on trigger sear surface. Didn’t miss match as I pulled out another rifle and still was able to shoot. Disappointed a few of my fellow club members since they knew I had driven to Big Timber to pick up new rifle. They were looking forward to the official unveiling as I was looking forward to shooting. Next match maybe. Thanks for the advice.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

And we get to live another day. Good for you! As my mother always said, "the Lord helps those who help themselves."

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

If this is Eric, I have tried calling and even left my cell number for you to return my call every since you first called.
I will try again this morning.

Kirk