Build timeframe

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gunlaker

Re: Build timeframe

Post by gunlaker »

Art, the build time will vary depending on the options you pick. Things like AAA finish, checkering, and engraving will add time.

I've ordered more than a few rifles from Shiloh in the last 10 years. Some took less time than they quoted and some took longer, so don't consider any number you hear to be exact and you'll be happy :-). I've never met anything other than really good people at Shiloh on the many times I've gone into the showroom, and I've never been anything but happy with the rifles I've bought from them. I'll bet you find the same.

I found that once you get your first Shiloh, the waiting for a new one is easy. Bill Goodman is a good guy too. If you want to make your wait a lot shorter, his fee is well worth the money.

Chris.
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

The engraving is done, according to Onna. But her demeanor leaves much to be desired.

I have reached out before but received no response.

Sorry to have offended, but I expect a bit of a nice attitude when purchasing expensive items. Doesn't seem to be an unreasonable request. To me at least.

Also, I completely understand the COVID issues, delays and that the time frame at the time I ordered, was an estimate. I'm just looking for some considerate communication rather than rude and being responded to like we are an inconvenience.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

You sound like my kids on a road trip...."Are we there yet?"
Luke

Post by Luke »

Every 3 months? On a custom build? In the middle of a pandemic? Just stop. It will get done.
Limber Up!
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I waited four years four months for my 1877 to be built, started in August, problem with my Cecil Fredi English Walnut fore end. Appears a undetected crack was present and unusable.
I got a call a few weeks ago from Shiloh explaining this, they were just confirming I bought the wood from Cecil Fredi . Cecil never called ,no one ever asked me to provide any documentation. Few weeks go by and I wonder what became of the fore end and didn’t want it out of the loop and me unaware I was to do something.
Nope nothing to do,called last week and was told to call today for a no bullshit answer and all is good and is “in production”. 3 calls to Shiloh since Wednesday , no one tried to b.s. me just didn’t have the answer when I called, their busy.
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

losttrail wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 am Placed my order for a Quigley on July 19, 2019 with an estimated 15 month delay to start of build and 3-4 month build time.

Still waiting.

Sadly, each of the 3 times I've called to get an update, roughly 3 months apart, so I believe that's not being overly annoying on a $3,600 rifle that I paid in full December 2019, the attitude of the folks at Shiloh leaves much to be desired. I have been pleasant and friendly each call, despite the nearly hostile attitude delivered by Anna.

This past Monday my wife called to check on the status, her first interaction with Shiloh, and was ready to cancel the order based on the horrible interaction with Anna.

Apparently the only things left are final finish and assembly, but that is evidently beyond the ability to predict as she was told in could be next week, next month (December)or sometime next year.

If customer service is such a horrible task for Anna, maybe she should find another job. I know that if I treated people the way she has treated me and my wife, I would have been fired from any job I've ever had. I deal with people and technical issues every day and do not treat people with such disdain and disrespect.

PM sent.
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Luke wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:50 am Every 3 months? On a custom build? In the middle of a pandemic? Just stop. It will get done.
Sorry I was not more clear. No, not every 3 months. The first time I called was the end of October 2020, then March and July 2021. Then my wife called last week. Does not seem unreasonable especially given the vague, lack of information provided.

That said, in my opinion, the attitude we have received each time, despite being pleasant and polite, from our end, is very disappointing from such a service oriented company.

But I guess I should just take it and accept it as how the world is now.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Oh the big bad woman on the phone wasn't nice to you? Come here and let mommie hold you. Have a little fruit snack, that will make you feel better.

I am not speaking for them, but I am pretty sure the point is they don't like being called and you wasting their time telling you how your rifle is coming along. It will be done when it is done and they will call you when it is done. The first time you called and you thought they were rude to you, you would have thought you might have figured it out, but it took several times. You knew when you ordered that there is often a long wait for such a fine rifle and there was no guarantee ever given. Do you want the finest Sharps reproduction in the world? It takes time to make them that good. Do you want warm, fuzzy feel good progress meetings on a regular basis, maybe with nice little videos showing it all to you? If you do, you need to look somewhere else. I have one on order as well, and when it is done it will be awesome.

You made a comment about this is how the world is today. I don't think that's right, everybody today is worried about feelings and people spend too much try worrying about offending one another. Shiloh and the Bryans are old school and I like that.
Cody
semtav

Post by semtav »

Yea that's how I am when the $&@# farmer calls me and asks if I've sprayed his field yet!!!!
NO +&@$?! It, can't you see the #@?!$& wind has been blowing nonstop for the last 2 F$#@?& Weeks. I'm still a week of calm days from spraying your G&$@)?!/& Field , now leave me the 7734 alone !!!!

Well okay , after 2 weeks of watching the wind howl that's how I feel, but no, I still don't thing that would be acceptable.

Carry on.
Luke

Post by Luke »

You think this is a nice corporation with a customer relations department? This is a small custom shop, and when the phone rings whomever is closest answers it. Then they need to go thru a 2 year backlog of files to find your order just to tell you it will get done when it gets done. Which you should already know.

Unless you have changes you want to make to the order, leave them alone. They're artisans, not social workers.
Limber Up!
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hey losttrail, why don't you send me your phone number and I will give you a call. I see jeannie or I mean Glen Ring sent you a message, pretty sure that's not going to help you much.

Thanks,
Kirk
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Kirk wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:26 pm Hey losttrail, why don't you send me your phone number and I will give you a call. I see jeannie or I mean Glen Ring sent you a message, pretty sure that's not going to help you much.

Thanks,
Kirk
Kirk,
I love how you and KW assume I have no voice or thoughts of my own. Go read the message, I know you have the ability. It is benign, but I really didn't want to be attacked on here, which happens when someone has an opinion different from the "ruling class" on this forum. Sadly, you attacked anyway.

No one uses me as a conduit for messages, including my husband of 44 years.

If you have something to say to Glen, please contact him. I know you know how.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Odd,

That you felt it necessary to drag me into your self made shit storm. Hopefully you will soon be consigned to that same place your husband is. :P Never to be heard from Again.

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Doug

Post by Doug »

I ordered my first Shiloh back in the early 90s…..if I recall the wait was 5 years, which worked out fine because I didn’t have a pot to piss in, so it gave me time to come up with the money……plus I was able enjoy some time being anxious and excited about receiving it, a wonderful feeling.

Honestly, I’d have no problem waiting longer than 5 years….these rifles are absolutely amazing as it relates to fit/finish/quality/accuracy/etc. (a LOT of gun for the money)…..but I’m preaching to the choir here.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Doug I waited a lot longer than 5 years before I bought a Shiloh 2nd hand. I don't wait that long anymore. My recommendation to first time buyers is simple enough. Just keep your eye on the gun library on their website and call on the phone to see when some might be available. Buy one, no one ever got it perfect the first time and you won't either but after shooting a gun from the library for awhile you have a better idea of what to order. So while you wait you have one to shoot. At 66 I'm not waiting 5 years for anything anymore. bobw
bobw