original sharps 45-110 and Paper Patched Bullets

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

krems

Post by krems »

Brent,
Nice web site on PPatching. Nice shot on the elk as well.

I'll be paying attention to the patches when I go shooting this weekend. i may give the sharps a chamber cast as well. Cold weather in Montana for the next 5 days so shooting will be quick and short lived. I'm all loaded up with PPbullets and a few grease groovers as well. I trimmed 20 Norma cases to 3.00" stuffed 96 grains of swiss 1F, .03 wad, .125" spg lube, .060" wad and a Tom Ballard 500 grain cupped base 30-1 alloy bullet. i wrapped the patch against the rifling. Should be interesting to see if this rifle will shoot.

I'm not too worried if the original sharps rifle won't shoot anymore because I got the "CALL" today from Shiloh. My #3 30" heavy barrelled 45-110 rifle is done, x-fancy wood, bone charcoal, pewter tip, AA finish, shotgun butt, checkered steel butt plate, sling swivels, ebony pistol grip.....etc!. Just a 45 minute drive to Big Timber Montana tomorrow. I plan on taking the original sharps tomorrow with me in case Kirk may be there. I may ask him what he thinks of the rifles chamber, place an order for a 44-77 Hartford while I'm there as well. Will keep you posted on the results.

Krems