Farmingdale guns

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dozer

Farmingdale guns

Post by dozer »

I have searched the archives and everything else I could find. What I have found is the Farmingdale guns have larger firing pins and thinner blocks because of it.
Questions:
Can the block be fixed to use the newer style firing pins? Is it a major problem? What would be a large, round, number of shots fired before a problem might occur?
I am looking at a used Farmingdale gun and debating it vs a new gun. It very near what I want and it's near new, probably less than 500 rounds. It has a new Badger barrel (original was 45-120).
Doz :?:
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Give Kirk a call and talk directly to him... Last year when I was in the shop, He told me to send the old breech block in ( my farmingdale 45/70) and he wopuld swap it out for me... No mention of price was made, and I have read on this forum where others have had the same experience.
Trigger Dr
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Jay Glenn

Farmingdales and breech blocks

Post by Jay Glenn »

Folks, did the breech block exchange with Shiloh. The new block fits super and it has the small fireing pin opening. Works great. This was about 8 months ago and the cost was around $90.00. Contact Kirk, his team does a superb job of it.