apertures for all??

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

billyboy

apertures for all??

Post by billyboy »

what style front sight and apertures have gotten the best shooting for you personally??

i seem to do just as well at 100 yards with a silver blade and notch rear,but apertures at longer distance work better for me.

what say you??
mmmm....smell that powder burn!!
Jerry Williams

Post by Jerry Williams »

billyboy, yep at 100' factory or hunting sights will work fine, however, this past weekend we were shooting at 800 yards over a valley with a 20 mph cross wind. First you would hit 8' to the right, then 8' to the left. Without a sole tang sight with enough windage adjustment, you could not hit squat! There is no use fighting long range windy conditions without the proper equipment to dial in on the conditions. For 100' and hunting these sight may not be necessary, however, I like to play with these toys and use them for a many different types of shooting as possible. Therefore I spend almost as much on the front and rear sight as I did the rifle. Four my purposes it just make more sense and a lot less frustrating. Good Luck to ya, come join the nut house of long range. It is real neat to here that clang!
Everything I know about BPRC I have forgotten at least three times, Now I write it down. Have you seen my note book?