Boise, ID October BPCRS Results

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny KID Durham

Boise, ID October BPCRS Results

Post by Kenny KID Durham »

October 25th marked the resumption of Ee Da How long Rifles Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Silhouete Matches at the Black's Creek Silhouette range near Boise, Idaho. Coincidentally, the match also marked the 5th anniversary of BPCRS matches at the range, and what a day it was! The turn out was also a record setter for a monthly match.

Thirty-nine shooters competed in the match from across southern Idaho and eastern Oregon including a few from Washington and Montana. The weather cooperated so much so that it was without question the best day of BPCRS shooting ever at Black's Creek. A new range record score of 34 x 40 was fired by no other than "myself" (Kenny Durham) to win the match. The previous high score was 33 x 40 fired by Butch "Himself" Ulsher during the State Shoot in 2001.

Additionally, three new shooters, Dee Taylor, Bob Burgess, and Larry Larsen, all EDH members fired their first BPCRS match. Also, it was GREAT to have Jerry King, our old 45-70 Patriarch shooting with us again too!

Here are the Match Results:

Match Winner: Kenny Durham 34 x 40
2nd Place: Gale Culver 32 (3rd overall at Raton)
3rd PLace: Doug Cooper 31

Master Class:
1st Gene Davids 30
2nd Bill Mills 29

AAA Class:
1st Bill Sproul 28
2nd Pat Hallinan 27
3rd Dan Fernandez 25
4th Dick Foster 24

AA Class
1st John Alexander 24 (won shoot off)
2nd Dallas Crandall 24
3rd Richard Stump 21
4th Beth Morris 20
5th Stan Huston 19

The November match will be on Nov. 22. In honor of Veterans day, we encourage all shooters who have single shot military rifles (Trapdoors or Rolling Blocks, etc) to shoot them in the match.

I'f anyone would like a match schedule email me at KIDdurham@shootmagazine.com or kidurham@aol.com

See ya at the range,
Kenny
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Kenny, thanks for the information. I will do my best to be there for the next match if at all possible. I have a new first Grandson, so it is a little iffy right now, but I would love to be there.

Congrantulations!! That was some fine shooting. If I am able to make it I will bring my new Ped. John Bodine that you influenced the purchase of.

It is a great rifle, and I took my first Buffalo Bull with it this month. Thanks again for the information on both your shoot, and the rifle, Best Regards, Randy.
Randy Ruwe